Chapter 7

The trio didn't have time to react, they were instantly dragged by the girl the guy called 'Aquarius'. Despite how she looked, she was strong. Strong enough for the three of them to get dragged easily like sacks of meat.

"Wh-what's happening? Miss?," Cancer shakily called out as they were instantly led to a lavish carriage. It adorned with gold and silver, with a bejeweled crest they weren't familiar with.

"Get inside."

"What–"

"Get. Inside."

They instantly scrambled inside the carriage, afraid of what the girl might do to them if they didn't comply. They've seen what she did to the guard, she hopes she wouldn't do it to them too.

"What are you doing? Where are you taking us?," Leo asked sternly. He tried to act tough and threatening, but he couldn't hide the blatant fear in his voice. "To the Callista manor."

"The Callista what?–"

"Lady Pisces of the Callista family requests your audience" Aquarius explained, but it only added to their confusion. Soon enough, the guy from earlier Aquarius called 'Taurus' appeared.

He had a faint smell of blood, and they could see bloodstains on his clothes. "Hello!," he greeted happily as if nothing happened.

He sat himself down next to Aquarius, and after he did, the carriage began to move. "Why are you taking us there?"

This time, it wasn't Aquarius who answered. But Taurus. "Lady Pisces will explain once she meets you."

He was less intimidating than Aquarius, but it wouldn't be wise to underestimate him. He might have killed those guards single-handedly, and he didn't even look fazed by it.

The three didn't know where they were being taken, for all they knew they were probably being kidnapped. Ever since they had arrived in this strange world, they've been thrown into stressful situations. And all they wanted at this moment was a break.

-ˋˏ ༻❦︎༺ ˎˊ

Sagittarius was running, his hood pulled over his head. He was being chased by the priests – since he was well, running away from them.

He was angry at them for chasing him. Sure, they were doing their jobs as priests. They were meant to take care of him, the prophet of the gods. But right now they were being a nuisance.

The temple that he was staying in was located up high in the highest floating island, there was a barrier that prevented him from using his abilities, but if he jumped down he may be able to use it while falling.

It was a gamble, sure, and he didn't really think it through. But right now, he wanted to get away. And if he wanted something, he'd get it.

And so, the moment he reached the edge – he jumped without hesitation. As he was falling, adrenaline was pumping in his veins. And – without much thought – he had managed to teleport himself away.

"...I can't believe that worked" Sagittarius exasperatedly sighed, as he looked around the streets of a strange, yet familiar place.

The capital of Ignia.

He didn't really think of where to teleport when he used his magic, but he ended up at Ignia. His hometown.

Maybe it was because subconsciously, he missed this place. Despite it being more than half a century since he's lived here. He could still vaguely remember, when he was just a normal kid. Before he got taken away when they found out about his abilities.

Everything about it was different, what struck him the most were the high walls built around the capital to prevent people from going in without a permit. He didn't understand it, frankly, Ignia was once an accepting land.

Now, it was closed off with the rest of Hiraeth.

He pulled the hood of his cloak tighter, making sure no one would be able to recognize him. That would be impossible since no one's ever seen the face of the prophet, but it wouldn't hurt to be careful.

He walked along the road, mindlessly tending to his thoughts. He had a feeling he just had to get away, but why? It didn't make sense to him.

A carriage passed by him, and in an instant, he felt it. He jerked his head back to see the carriage still riding off. It looked grandiose, probably belonged to a noble family.

"Excuse me" he said to a random street vendor. "Do you know which family that carriage belongs to?"

The street vendor squinted his eyes, focusing on the carriage's crest as it sped off away from their sights. "If I'm not mistaken, that carriage has the Callista family crest."

The street vendor's face twisted into a scowl as he said the Callista name. "A bunch of pompous jerks if you ask him. The emperor was gracious enough to invite them to the banquet. But considering their track record, they could be planning an assassination."

Sagittarius was a bit taken aback by this man's hate towards the Callistas. It was considered a crime to be caught badmouthing a noble family, but considering this man wasn't afraid that the others might hear, it led to a conclusion that everyone in Ignia had a common hatred towards that family.

Sagittarius only nodded, and walked away. The Callistas?

Was it a mistake? He felt it, he was sure he did. He felt the power of the gods. It was a small amount, but he wasn't mistaken. He felt it on three people inside the carriage.

It was strange, the miracle of the gods couldn't have inhabited mere mortals. Especially not the Callistas. They were cursed, as long as they were affiliated with the Callista family no blessing from heaven will ever befall them.

Sagittarius should know, he was the one who applied the curse as the gods instructed. He couldn't remember why they were cursed, but the gods may have had a good reason for it.

Still, it would be impossible for people with the same power the gods have to be riding in that carriage. It was suspicious.

In these situations, Sagittarius would shrug it off and mind his own business. But this time was different.

He always felt something was wrong, especially since the gods hadn't gave him a sign ever since he woke up from his slumber. This was the first trace of their power he had seen, and he wanted to get to the bottom of it.

And, after centuries, Sagittarius felt a feeling he had long forgotten. He couldn't remember what it was. Fear? Or was it...hope?

A/N: wow, updating two times in a row? Am I being held hostage or something? Anyways I hope you somewhat enjoyed this chapter.

Also vote, follow, and comment 🔫😩