The Bonfire

Newt gasped, "O-oh, that's certainly new." There was no doubt that hidden amongst the shock on Newt's face there was a sign of astonishment. "So, are you gonna give me this tour or not?" Y/n smiled faintly.
"Yeah of course!" He started walking to an opening in the ivy-covered walls and Y/n jogged to catch up with him. "What is this place?" She asked impatiently. He stopped at the doors and slowly turned around. "This place is the Glade, and we only have three rules here. Do your part, we're all working together here; never hurt another Glader, we must be able to trust each other; and finally, never - and I repeat never - go into the maze."
"Maze? What maze?" Y/n asked, genuinely confused.
"Well I mean we are stood right in front of it now," he said, "I think that was pretty obvious though."
"Fuck off!" She snapped, half-jokingly. Newt pretended to cry and they both started to laugh,
"Why are you so standoffish?" He joked after a minute. "You shank." He added.
"Wha- now who's the standoffish one?" They messed around for a while when someone started the run out the maze.
"You said no one could go in!" Y/n complained provocatively.
"Yeah but it's different for him. That's Minho, he's a runner. Every morning the runners go into the maze, mapping it."
"Hey Newt, new greenie?" He remarked as he ran past.
"Clearly!" He answered,
"No need to be standoffish." Minho shouted behind him.
"You were saying?" Y/n raised one eyebrow, "That's two people who think you are standoffish."
"Ok fine. I forgot to mention, we're having a bonfire tonight, you should come."
"No thanks, I should probably get some sleep after the kind of day I've had." She responded, earnestly.
"Please," He begged, "It's to celebrate your arrival."
"Well then I'll definitely consider it." She declared as she started to walk away.