Xiao Zhan, through the help of the scout who found him, soon joined a boyband as the lead singer. He was finally able to afford a better house and Yibo's medical school fees. They didn't forget the place they grew up, Zhan sent them supplies every month. After all the expenses, he still had a lot left to save.

In the blink of an eye, 6 years had passed. Xiao Zhan had become a widely known singer and actor while Yibo was in his final year of med school. That day, while the group performed at a concert, there was an accident. The stage collapsed and iron beams came crashing down.

Two out of the nine band members and one of the instrumentalists died on the spot. Others sustained varying degrees of injury with Xiao Zhan's being the most severe.

He had been in a coma for 4 months. Yibo was listed as his only family. Yibo was back stage when the accident occurred and narrowly escaped getting hurt.

That day, Yibo sat beside Xiao Zhan holding on to his hands as if his life depended on him. Zhan was really all he had and he couldn't afford to lose him just. He had cried so much that he had no tears left. Zhan was declared brain dead after his 4th surgery last night and Yibo had to make the call. Of course, Yibo wasn't going to pull the plug. He was going to fight with all he had, even if it meant leaving him on life support for decades.

Yibo had realized in his teens that he had fallen in love with Xiao Zhan but he was too afraid to express his feelings especially as it seemed like Zhan only saw him just like a baby brother.

Watching Xiao Zhan, this was the first time Yibo had seen him so still. Even while he slept, he hardly stayed still. He stirred and turned until he held Yibo in a hug then he finally stayed still. Yibo always woke up earlier so he believed Zhan never realized he hugged him while he slept.

As far back as Yibo could remember, there was no day he didn't speak to Zhan even the time they were separated. They spoke and saw each other often. This time, Zhan was lying next to him but he couldn't speak. So close, yet so far away. Yibo held Zhan in his arms and wept.

"Zhan ge, if you can hear me, please give me a sign".

"..."

"They say you're brain dead but I do not believe, I have a feeling that we both have more time ahead of us. We just need to weather this storm. Zhan ge, sorry I was disobedient. Sorry I usually leave school to come see your shows. I promise to listen to you from now on. Just give me a sign that you can hear me".

"..."

"I can't do what they're asking me to, I can't live without you. Please come back to me. I never got to tell you how I feel about you, I fell for you way back when I was 16 and I've loved you more with each passing day. I was only waiting to be strong enough to support you as much as you have supported me. I didn't want to ask you to be mine when I had nothing to offer. I know all you've done just to make me comfortable. I promise to repay you back ten folds, but I can only do that if you stay with me".

"..."

Yibo had never been this afraid in his life. He held on to Zhan as if letting go of his hands would give his soul a chance to escape.

He placed his lips over Zhan's palm, he could feel Zhan's warmth gradually fading away. Yibo knew that if Zhan left, he would lose the will to live. Zhan was his father, his brother, his mother and also the one he loved. He never asked for anything, instead he gave his all to Yibo. If Yibo could, he would not hesitate to give his life in exchange for Xiao Zhan's.

Yibo closed his eyes, praying in his heart for Zhan to make a recovery.

"You really want him to live? Are you willing to try?"