one

I never in a million years imagined myself in this situation, never imagined this would be my life, life is full of surprises. Some, or most of the people to be honest, would think I'm stupid and irresponsible, but it's really none of their business, is it? But yeah, I'm not gonna lie, I never thought this would be my life. I've never dreamed or wished for this kind of life, so I have no idea how I ended up here. Nothing's ever been the same since that day, nothing's ever been the same since that Monday night outside the bar.

What a plot twist my life turned into.

***

New York. What a loud and noisy city that is. I'm still not used to it, yet I've lived here for one and a half years, but moving from a small shitty city to Manhattan, will take a lot to get used to. My parents weren't so fond of me when I told them I would move here for college, but to be honest I really don't care about their opinions. They haven't once cared about me or what I've been up to, so why would they care about my decision to move to New York? I have no idea. I'm better off without my junky parents.My apartment here in NY is not too small but also not too big, it's just the right size for me, myself and I. It's got a big nice living room, bedroom, kitchen and bathroom, also panorama windows in the bedroom with a nice view over Manhattan. So I'm not complaining, it's close to college too.

Waking up this Monday morning made me sigh out loud as I heard the hard smattering of rain against the windows. I muttered a "fuck this shit" under my breath as I rolled over in bed to turn my alarm off. It was literally pouring outside. I threw my legs over the edge of the bed and planted my bare feet on the cold hardwood floor while throwing an angry glare at the clock on my bedside table. 7:30 AM, way too early to function, I'm not a morning person at all. I really don't understand those who voluntarily get up early to carpe diem, that's just...ew no. Finally I pulled myself up from the bed and hugged my arms around myself while I stomped away to the kitchen to get myself a large cup of well deserved coffee. While the coffee was brewing, I opened the fridge door and grabbed butter, cheese and ham to make myself a sandwich. I'm not a fan of breakfast, but I always try to get something to eat in the mornings for my brain to function. Once the coffee was done, I poured myself a cup and grabbed my sandwich and went to sit at a bar stool by the kitchen island.

With breakfast in my stomach, brushed teeth and a tiny bit of mascara on my naturally long and curled lashes, I quickly changed into a pair of dark grey mom jeans, oversized band t-shirt with the hem tucked into my jeans. I then slid my checkered vans onto my feet, pulled on a jacked and grabbed my bag to head outside and make my way to college.

Once outside I realised it had finally stopped raining, so that made this morning a tiny bit better. I wouldn't have to look like a drenched cat when arriving at college. I decided to take a walk today because it wasn't too cold outside and I didn't feel like sitting in a taxi cab with a stranger. So I began my walk down the busy streets to college.

After about 20 minutes of walking, I finally arrived at college and made my way up the large stairs and through the entrance. I had only been in college for about two months, so I hadn't made any friends yet. But on the other hand I'm not the "making friends" type of girl, because I'm not good at socialising with people and people in general irritates me.

I decided to go to the restroom before entering the classroom, because I know I won't be able to listen to the two hours long lecture without going to the restroom. I pushed the door to the ladies' restroom open and made my way into one of the toilet stalls. This restroom was exaggerated luxuriously with marble sinks and scented candles placed on top. Who the fuck would ever light those candles.

Once finished I washed my hands in the exaggerated luxuriously sink then I pulled the door open and turned left in the, also way too fancy hallway, and made my way to the lecture.

The door was open when I arrived, so I just walked straight into the huge lecture hall and stomped away to the very back of the room. I sat down and pulled out my notebook and laptop, placing them on the little table in front of me. The lecture didn't begin until another ten minutes, so I pulled my phone out of my bag and leaned back in the seat as I unlocked it. I was scrolling through instagram when I heard someone clear one's throat not too far away from me.

"Uhm, excuse me, do you mind if I sit here? Every other seat is full", the person said and I could easily tell it was a girl. I wanted to sigh and roll my eyes, but decided against it and turned my head in the direction of the voice. There stood a girl, a small figure, with dusty blonde hair, hugging her books to her chest and looking down at me with uncertainty. I cleared my own throat and ran a hand through my blonde hair before looking back at her.

"Uh, yeah sure, I guess", I mumbled and she quickly sat in the seat next to me, putting her stuff on the table.

Only half an hour of the lecture had passed and I wasn't sure how much longer I would stay awake, I was exhausted and just wanted to get home.

"So uhm...if you don't mind me asking, what's your name?", the random girl next to me asked and I sighed and pinched my eyes shut for a moment before answering.

"Alison", I muttered, "Alison Gomez." I really didn't know why my name mattered to her. I don't wanna make friends with her or anyone.

"That's a beautiful name", she said and I rolled my eyes, "my name is Lexie", she continued and I could feel her eyes on me but I kept my gaze forward. She's probably one of those spoiled rich kids, she seems to be one. A daddy's girl.

"Cool", I muttered and slumped back in my seat, folding my arms across my chest. She didn't say anything else after that, thank god, she just threw me one last glance before keeping her gaze forward.

When the lecture finished I quickly stood up and gathered all my stuff to quickly make my way out of the doors and to grab some lunch. But right as I was ready to leave, I heard the girl's, Lexie's, voice once again. "Would you like to hang out sometime? Just...to get to know each other", she said and I scrunched up my nose and then turned to face her. She stood there with her books hugged to her chest and looking at me with her blue eyes. She was ridiculously beautiful and it made me irritated.

"Don't get me wrong, blonde, but I'm not the "making friends" type of girl", I said and that made her frown and pull her bottom lip between her teeth.

"Oh...uhm...okay", she mumbled, "I guess I'll see you around then...", she gave me a half smile then she turned on her heel and made her way to the exit.

I watched her leave and sighed out in relief then I made myself to the exit as well.

I'm desperate for a smoke and some vodka.

___

Sorry for a short chapter, the rest will be a bit longer. But I hope ya'll liked this first chapter and that you will enjoy the rest too :)

All the love x