xxxi. narrative

┌─────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───────┐
CO-STARS
THIRTY-ONE
L. PARTRIDGE
└─────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ───────┘

"Sparkles or no sparkles?" Penelope held up two dresses in front of herself in the mirror.

Lily looked over from the bathroom sink where she was perfecting her eyeliner.

She tapped her chin, "Sparkles?"

"What if it's too dressy? I don't want to be the only one dressed up." Penelope whined.

"Then no sparkles."

"But what if it's too plain-"

"Penelope! I swear to cheez-its, if you don't just pick a damn dress. We're going to a New Years party, not the Met Gala." Lily snapped.

"Did you just 'swear to cheez-its'?" Penelope snorted, Lily slammed the bathroom door shut on her. "What does that even mean?"

She shrugged and tossed the other dress over by her suitcase. For makeup, she did a simple winged liner and some tinted gloss. Lily came out the bathroom in her dress clothes as well.

"Hmm, you should've done no sparkles," She scrunched her face a little, Penelope looked ready to burst. "I was kidding."

"This is not time for 'jokes' Liliana Rose Depot!"

"You are such a drama queen, I wonder where you get that from.." Lily mused.

"Oh you did not just go there." Penelope's mouth gaped. "Don't ever compare me to that woman!"

"Oh you did not just go there!" Lily mimicked her voice. "You even sound like her."

"Shut up!" Penelope tossed a pillow at Lily.

"Why do you always get so mad," Lily chuckled.

"Why do you always make me mad?"

"Touché." Lily nodded. "Come on let's go, dad and Amelia are waiting."

emily skinner pov earlier that day (new year's eve)

emily skinner pov
earlier that day (new year's eve)