𝐀 𝐆𝐈𝐑𝐋 𝐍𝐀𝐌𝐄 𝐘/𝐍

LAVENDER DREAMS !

LAVENDER DREAMS !

"O-OYAKATA-SAMA!" TANJIRO exclaimed, burgundy eyes growing wide in surprise at the smiling man seated in-front of him as he closed the slided door to the open balcony. The blind man was strangely alone, seated by the edge as his children nor the hashiras nowhere to be seen. 

"Kamado Tanjiro." The leader spoke ever so gently, calming the young boy's jittering nerves. Kagaya leaned, patting the seat beside him. Two steaming cups of tea were placed at the side of where he sat. "Please, come sit."

"Ye-Yes!" Tanjiro complied, sitting on the soft cushion. It was a silent moment for a good few moments, save for the only sound being the older male's sips from the warm cup of tea in his hands.

"Do you know the reason why you're here?"

Tanjiro blinked, back straightening. "No, Oyakata-sama!" With the hot cup in his hands, Tanjiro shot a curious, yet nervous glance at the leader. "Am I...in trouble? Are we going to hold another trial for Nezuko?" The water breath user felt concerned and alarmed at the prospect of another trial being held for Nezuko. He hated how useless he felt, held restrained as his injured sister was left tempted with the options of either attacking the wind hashira or going against her natural instincts. He was so relieved when she turned away, refusing to take the bait. If she had given in, he along with Nezuko, Urokodaki-San, and Tomioka-san all would've...

Tanjiro shudders just thinking about it.

'No. Don't think about that.' He clenched his fist, clear resolve in his eyes. Even if there was another trial, he knew Nezuko would've have persevered because although she was kind, and his sweet little sister, she was also too stubborn of a person to back on what she said, human or demon. Nezuko would never harm a human, and he would be here to make sure of that.

"Be at ease Tanjiro. You are not in trouble, and Nezuko will not be having another trial. That child has proved herself worthy enough as a member of the corps." The older man's words soothing Tanjiro's troubled mind and allowing him to relax. Oyakata-sama chuckled. "Speaking of that trial, I never told you why I accepted your sister so easily as I did no?"

Oyakata-sama continued, "Of course it's illogical for me, as a leader of the demon slayer corps to just accept a demon into our ranks, the exact race we are supposed to destroy from this world." Tanjiro said nothing but stared as his master placed the cup by his side. "But I did. Not only because of the former water pillar's letter, or because of his and Giyuu's promises of commiting seppuku if she ever did harm a human."

"When your sister turned away from that child's special blood, it made me remember...remember back to when I was younger."

"When I was little," The leader sighed. "There was a girl I loved. I loved her so much I would have given her the whole world if it was at my expense." He closed his lavender eyes as a light breeze of wind passed, the warm sun beaming on his tender skin. Tanjiro inhaled through his nose, immediately catching the overwhelming, interwoven emotion of regret and love. Tanjiro's heart couldn't help but clench in pain. It was such a strong scent, so beautiful, yet so..sad. "She had the most beautiful magenta eyes that always twinkled like the stars, and her skin was a rich tone of caramel. Her smile was as bright as the sun, and I never dared to look away when her attention was on me. She was the most mischievous person I've ever met, always wanting to cause trouble and run around."