3. Breathe

Tsukishima put his clothes basket down, sighing. He'd put folded clothes into it and was currently debating shoving them in his dresser or going to the hospital for a visit. 

He could go now. He didn't have work today. He was fine. Yamaguchi was still under though and he wanted to see his partner. 

"Fuck it." Tsukishima grabbed his coat. He hurried to his car with a bag. 

He wanted to see him so bad. 

Tsukishima signed in and went to Yamaguchi's room. "You would be so mad at me if you could respond to me. I didn't put the clothes away before coming here. Don't worry, I won't do that a lot." 

Slow beeps filled the silence. 

"I'm going to do your laundry for you, okay? And I'll make sure nothing hurts." Tsukishima looked over him. "It's going to be okay, I promise." 

He held his hand, rubbing his fingers. The TV played in the background. It was to give Yamaguchi something to listen to if he could hear. 

He'd been under for two weeks now. Tsukishima had slept by his side every night, whispering good morning and good night. Hopefully, everything would be okay. 

Tsukishima sighed. He felt a tap against his fingers and went to fix Yamaguchi's wiring. Nothing was there. He peered at Yamaguchi's face. Nothing. 

"Tadashi?" 

Tsukishima watched his hand and Yamaguchi's index finger twitched. 

Tsukishima hurried to the nurses. "Tadashi moved. His hand, it moved." 

"Are you absolutely sure?" A nurse asked as she followed him back to the room. 

"I'm sure. His finger moved." 

The nurse called a doctor in. They had Tsukishima talk to him for half an hour and Yamaguchi's fingers would move when Tsukishima reassured him he was there and held his hand. 

The doctors told Tsukishima that this was good and that he had been progressing. Tsukishima held his hand and gently lifted it. Yamaguchi's fingers twitched as he was held. It was amazing. 

Tsukishima ate lunch there and talked to him, smiling. He felt good about this for once. 

The next day the same thing happened. 

And the next. 

By Friday three of his fingers could move. Tsukishima stayed up later to spend time with him. He loved his little movements. 

They tried to take out his breathing support but he struggled to breathe. It was put back and Yamaguchi was still beside his hand. 

Today Tsukishima was visiting him and had his phone, playing music for him. He was working, nearly half asleep from exhaustion. 

"Alright Angel, I'm going to go to bed now," Tsukishima whispered. He rubbed his eyes. "God I'm tired…" 

Tsukishima relaxed into his chair, closing his laptop. He looked over and two eyes stared back, wide and scared. Tsukishima got up, nearly throwing his laptop. 

"You're awake. I think. Kind of." Tsukishima took a few deep breaths. "I'll be right back, okay?" 

Tsukishima hurried into the hall. He spotted a nurse, shaky. "Sir are you alright? Is something happening?" 

"He's awake." 

"Tadashi?" 

"Yes. I think. His eyes are open."