I heard chatter in the background and knew he was talking it over with his boss. "Ok. Meet us at Rosco's this evening at five. Come alone and better not be any funny business. We will have eye's everywhere" .

"You do that. See you then". I said and disconnected.

I stared at the dead phone and begin to map out my plan. However my mind was suddenly boggled down with thoughts of Chelley. No matter what she always took up space in my head. Hell, she's basically why I'm going out on this forbidden mission. At least if I'm out in the field working I can curb my urge to snatch her up or harass her. Trying to suppress my thoughts,I got down to business.

Chelley

Thing's seemed to be going ok so far. There has not been a peep from Duel since I showed his ass the door at my work. Maybe he finally realized that I will no longer tolerate his threats, that I no longer fear him. It will be what it will be. However oddly enough I still had a burning rage in me. Now that I stood up to him and won that battle I wanted more. I wanted to beat him and make him suffer like I had suffered when he left me. Yes, I know his intentions were to return but had he never went none of it would have occurred. Sometimes I want to waltz right into the Harper building and drag him out by his mouthy ass mouth.... Just punch him one good time. But it's best to just leave him alone, after all he hasn't returned since I shoved a gun in his back. That moment gave me sweet satisfaction and I enjoyed it.

Pushing my revenge fantasies aside, I dressed for work. I slipped into a maxi dress and grabbed my bag. As I walked along I dove into a restaurant called Roscos for a few slices of pizza. They had the best and I needed to eat before my shift started. As I placed my order I stepped away from the counter and glanced around as I waited. My eye's settled in a table near the back. Three,large, angry looking men stood behind a man who was seated. Instinct told me that something important was taking place but one man sat there with his back towards me... A back I could pick out of a criminal line up of a thousand.

Something came over me and I lost all common sense as my feet begin to carry me toward the table. I stopped about twelve feet from his back and called his name out roughly. "Duel".

His back went rigid and the angry looking men glared at me then back to him. "Duel?" One of the men questioned him.

Duel turned to look at me over his shoulder and laughed shaking his head. "I don't know who that is". He said to the men.

That made my blood book and I shouted his name out stronger. "Duel".

He placed his hands on the table and spoke to his company. "Excuse me while I handle this".

Duel approached me fastly. "Get out of here now". He whispered hissed.

" What? Wh... "

Before I could say more he wrapped me in a hug and planted a kiss on my cheek. "I meant to call you back babe, really I did" .

I pushed him away and gave him a confused look. "Hit me now". He grunted low and begin to encourage me again but there was no need to encourage me at all. I swing out with all of my power and landed my fist into his mouth.

" Son of a bitch". Duel wailed taking a step back holding his mouth.

I smiled and delivered another blow to his cheek. "That's fucking enough he hissed lowly for only me to hear. "Turn and run out of here now".

He left me standing there and returned to his seat. Laughing and still rubbing his jaw I heard him say to the men. "I'm sure you all know  how difficult side pieces can be. I banged the breaks off of her the other week, have her a false name and number".

The men just glowered at him but I didn't care about them at all. Hearing what Duel just said flipped my crazy on high. Storming up I popped him in the back of the head then tossed his drink into his face. "You can burn in hell". I sneered and stormed off but not before I grabbed my pizza.

As I rushed away I could hear the men burst into laughter along with Duel. "That's a crazy bitch". One added.

" The craziest one I've ever had". Duel retorted.

I forced myself out of the door to keep from finishing him off.

Is Duel making a mistake by meeting up with these men?

Did Chelley possibly blow his cover?

Will Duel seek her out after this?

Could these men possibly be in to him now and hunt Chelley down themselves?

Was Chelley brave to approach the table or overreacting due to her anger?