Chapter 7

Okay, so I have a few ideas for the next couple of chapters. BUT I still need a few more. If you have anything you want the gang to do PLEASE COMMENT!!!! I might not use them all, but help is appreciated! Again I only own the plot!!!

Wylan's POV:

Our group managed to make it home without too much trouble. No attacks, no bets, and no losing people. My shoulders sagged with relief as I unlocked the door. I move off to the side to let everyone in. The house was quiet as the staff enjoyed their day off and Mom napped upstairs. 

"Okay, I hope you guys like fish, because that's what I'm making!" Nina exclaimed as she strutted down the hallway and into the kitchen. I knew how much she wanted to play with Jordie and was immediately grateful that she volunteered, so we didn't have to fight. 

"I should go help," Inej began. "Is your mom going to join us?" She asked, turning to me.

"I think, but that depends if she gets up or not." 

Inej nodded and followed Nina into the back. I figured Jesper probably wanted some time with the new child, so I dismissed myself and hid in the music room. Last night I hadn't had time to come and play, so I sat down at the piano. Fingers hovering slightly above the keys. I took a deep breath and played. It wasn't a set-piece. It was more of a song made at that moment. Letting my fingers move on their own. I closed my eyes slightly, getting lost in the sounds. A smile played on my lips as I started to hum along.

Suddenly a creek sounded behind me.

I stopped. Opening my eyes and turned slowly. The door was slightly ajar and a small boy peeked through. Jordie stared at me and I stared back. Jesper must have told him the way. I smiled and before I could say anything he blurted out,

"Sorry! I didn't mean to stop you!"

He looked ready to bolt.

"No- no it's- fine," I replied in a soft voice. "Do you want to try?"

I don't know if he could play, but...

Jordie nodded. Slowly he approached the bench. He climbed up and I noticed he took great care to not touch me. He met my eyes, waiting for me to begin.

"Take your left hand and hold it like this," I said, placing my hand over the keys once more. I watched as he matched my example. "Okay now follow this pattern."

I played a simple pattern, easy to follow. I told him to repeat that pattern over and over again. As Jordie played the simple notes, I began to play another set beside him. Together the notes flowed and connected. Creating a rhythm much like an old lullaby. I cut a glance over to see Jordie smiling, his fingers moving between the few notes he knew. I bit my lip and speed up just a smidge. Jordie matched the change. Smiling I began to hum, and then sing. We sat playing for a few minutes, lost in the small world we had created. But I couldn't hog him forever. Slowly the music came to a stand-still and Jordie stopped a beat after my fingers stilled. I smiled down at him. 

"Not bad," I comment. Jordie's face lit up. I was about to say something else when Nina's voice was heard through the rafters.

"Lunchtime!"

Jordie and I giggled. 

"Ready?" I ask, earning a small nod from him. Together we left and headed downstairs. Entering the kitchen, I locked eyes with Kaz. He smiled as if he knew what Jordie and I had done. Knowing Kaz, however, I have no doubt he had brought Jordie up and had listened while we had played. I smile back. Inej set the table and we all sat down. Jesper sat down to my left and Nina took my right. Kaz and Inej sat across us with Jordie wedged in the middle. Inej gave a quick prayer and we ate. 

Jespers's POV:

We finished eating quickly and sat in silence for as long as I could keep my mouth shut. Which wasn't long and I needed to do something.

"Okay, how about we go around Ketterdam for a bit. Huh?" I looked to Jordie to see what he thought. It was my turn with our nephew and I was determined to become his favorite. He bobbed his head in agreement. "Perfect! We can-"

"Then when you get back, Jordie can help me make dessert!" Jordie again nodded in agreement as Nina interrupted. I turned to face her, peering over Wylan who was smiling softly at our quarrel.

"Fine, but I get to hang out with Jordie first! Then you can bake." 

"Yeah yeah," she waved her hand in the air. I halfheartedly glared back.

Jordie caught my eye and stated, "Where are we going to go?" I leaned back and thought for a moment. I couldn't take him to a gambling place and if he and Nina were going to cook later, the sweet shop was out.

"How about we walk and decide as we go?" I Ask, receiving a curt nod in response. I smile. We help clear the table and do dishes. Once everything was done, we gather our jackets and again we set out. Jordie stuck to Inej as we headed back down the street.  I glanced around in search of something we could do. It wasn't until about a block down where we turned a corner that I saw it. I whipped around to face Jordie. Kneeling down so we were level. 

"Have you been to the fair yet?" I ask. Jordie shot me a confused glance. I looked to Inej to see if he had and she shook her head. I beamed. 

"Alright, then that's where we'll go."

Nina, Wylan, and Kaz caught up and followed us around the corner and to the fair. Sounds poured out from every direction and games lit up the sky. Jordie's smile grew and grew as we approached. I placed a few Kruge on the till and moved into the chaos. I peered around until I spotted a shooting game.

"Alright Jordie, how about I win you a stuffed stag," I asked. Jordie nodded his head yes so quickly I was worried it might fall off. "Alright then, let's go!" Together we moved, getting lost in the chaos that was the fair.

Hi! Hope you all like this chapter. I know Jespers POV was kind of bad but I promise to finish Jesper's carnal adventure next chapter, and if you have any ideas on what Nina and Jordie should make, Please comment! I'm going to try and post the next chapter right after this, but it might be a few days!! Thank you for reading this story (even though it's short and...yeah)  and you guys are AMAZING! Have a good one!

Sugi