Wait it was a tractor

“Satou Kazuma-san, welcome to the afterlife. Unfortunately, you’ve died. It might’ve been short, but your life’s now over.”

Someone suddenly spoke to me in a pure white room.

The sudden turn of events confused me.

In the room was an office desk and a chair, and the one who announced that my life was over sat on said chair.

Was she a goddess? she had to be.

… I thought about what had happened moments ago.

… I usually coop myself up at home, so it was rare for me to go outside.

Don’t get me wrong I wasn’t some shut in , I just didn’t have any connection to outside world

I wasn’t some neet either , I may not go out much but I was taking online classes In games and software development

.

.

.

.

I was on my way to home from grocery shopping when

I saw

A girl looking down on her cell phone and walking before me.

From her uniform, she would’ve been studying at the same school as me.

After seeing the lights turn green, the girl didn’t check traffic and crossed the road immediately.

A large shadow loomed toward her.

It had to have been a large truck heading toward her at high speed.

When I came to my senses, I’d knocked the girl away.

After that…

… Mysteriously calm

I asked the goddess before me:“… May I ask one thing?”

The goddess nodded in response to my question.

“… The girl that was knocked away by me, is she still alive?”

That was the most important thing.

That was last time I’d done something, if I wasn’t even able to save her what was I even good for

“She lives! But she fractured her leg.”

Oh god thanks

I didn’t die In vain

Seeing me acting relieved, the goddess tilted her head and said:“But, she wouldn’t have been hurt if you hadn’t knocked her away.”

Wait,what!?

What’d she just say?

“The tractor would’ve stopped before hitting the girl. I mean, it was just a slow tractor after all. That means that your unnecessary meddling by acting like a hero made things worse… Puhehe!”

Is she seriously laughing at someones death right now?

Wait, hold it

I thought I heard something wrong

“A tractor?”

“That’s right, a tractor. If a truck had been speeding toward that girl, she would’ve noticed it and gotten away.”

“Eh, but what about me? Did I die after getting hit by the tractor?”I asked her

“No, you died from shock. You thought you were ran over by a truck and went into shock. I’ve been doing this for a long time, but you’re the first to die in such a hilarious way!”