Chapter 9: The Way Forward

Start from the beginning

He stops at Joe's bar and gets out of the car before finding his place on a barstool inside.
"Double Sc-" He starts.
"Double Scotch single malt. I remember." Joe laughs.
"No, actually Joe. I'm going to have that bottle that I gave you. The one I drank on my first night here." He sighs as Joe's eyebrows raise. Derek watches him reach down a pull out a large bottle of scotch pouring it in the glass. Time slows as it pours and Derek watches it slowly, his head starts pulsing insufferably.
"Here you go," Jo says solemnly, placing it on the bar. He sighs and gets up before taking his seat on one of the lower chairs.

He sips tiredly, attempting to drown his sorrows with the scotch but it hasn't worked. The bell rings and he looks at the door. He doesn't know what he expects but he adjusts his posture seeing a stunning young woman walk in. The tight dress outlines her curves and her golden hair flows over her shoulders. As she walks, all eyes are on her. Everyone in the bar is staring at her and Derek's mouth opens to speak. She moves closer and he sees that the dress goes to her lower thighs. He sees her sit at the bar and order a tequila before downing it straight. She lets out a heavy breath and talks to the bartender making him slightly jealous. He looks around the bar and still, everyone is watching her. Deciding it's best if he makes his move before anyone else, he gets up. Walking behind her, he catches the scent of her hair and he is tempted to bury his nose in it. He puts his hands on the bar and smiles at Joe.
"Double Scotch single malt please." He smiles before turning to her. She pays no mind till he sits next to her. He watches her turn to him and smiles even wider seeing gorgeous green eyes that seem to shine. Her lips look so soft and she has a nude tone on them making him blush.

"So... is this a good place to hang out?" He asks softly, staring as she clears her throat and meets his eyes.
"I wouldn't know. I've never been here before." She replies and he is astounded by her raspy yet incredibly attractive voice.
"Oh, you know what? I haven't either. First time here. I'm new in town. Never been to Seattle. But I got a job so..." He starts until he realizes she doesn't care about him.
"Ah, you're ignoring me." He concludes, not used to the feeling of being ignored so simply.
"I'm trying to." She says, flashing the tiniest smirk.

"You shouldn't ignore me." He scoffs.
"Why not?"
"Because I'm someone you need to get to know to love." He smiles wide as she watches him, amused at his pickup lines.
"Really?"
"Oh yes." His voice is now more seductive and she laughs.
"So if I know you- I'll love you?" She asks.
"Oh yes." The same seductively charming grin shows up.

"You really like yourself huh?" She smiles.
"Just hiding my pain." He chuckles making her laugh again.
She takes a shot and he smiles.
"So what's your story?" He asks.
"I don't have a story." She says simply. "I'm just a girl in a bar."
He shakes his head and smirks at her vague yet attractive answer.
"I'm just a guy in a bar." He nods, sipping on his drink as she meets his eyes.

It isn't till now that he can see the delicate freckles sprinkled intricately over her cheek and he takes a sharp breath realizing that she is getting closer. Somehow, he feels calm and relaxed, probably by the liquor. She places a hand on his thigh and he holds one side of her neck, rubbing his thumb along her jaw. Leaning into her, he meets her lips and his nose presses her face, taking in the sweet scent of her skin. His hand runs into the nape of her neck, gently tangling in more of the hair. Her lips are soft and he tastes tequila on them before taking a deep breath and pulling away. Her thumb is gently stroking his thigh and it makes him smile. They blush and she hides her face behind a veil of her golden hair as everyone stares at them.
"Wanna get out of here?" He whispers in her ear.
"Definitely." She mumbles.