Am I Crazy?

Emily and I had a lovely talk on the way back to the house, but she could tell there was something on my mind.
   "Alright, sweet pea, out with it. We've talked about the house, the weather, the garden, and the wildlife. What's working on your brain...or is it your heart?" she asked, sitting beside me on the porch swing.
   "That obvious, huh?" I asked, taking a sip of tea. "When did you know Bill was the one?"
   "The minute I layed eyes on him." she smiled. "He was so handsome and strong. I couldn't help but notice him. And you? When did you start having the feelings towards Drew that are scaring you to death right now?"
   "The second his eyes met mine." I conceded.
   "And how is he with you?"
   "He's warm, kind, and gentle. He's so attentive. The moment I met him he called me 'love', and it was the most incredible feeling. Like he meant love, not just a word, you know?"
   "You've been hurt before real bad from what I can tell. And now, you're scared to let yourself love him, because of the man that hurt you so badly, is that right?" she asked, taking my hand as I nodded. "I've got news for you, little girl, that man would just as soon end his life as live it without you. Trust me."
   "You really think so? We've only known each other a couple of days." I said, looking into the old woman's eyes.
   "Sweet pea, you listen to me. I've been around a good long time now. That man loves you. You can see it all over him. The way he talks about you. The way he talks to you. The worry on his face when you left with Bill spoke volumes. The way he looks at you. The way he holds your hand. Don't let fear take him away from you. I nearly made that mistake with Bill."
   "I must be crazy. I know how he makes me feel. I'm special. I'm beautiful. I'm a woman. I'm not one of the guys. I'm not just another woman." I teared up.
   "Oh, come on, sweet pea. Let him in. You won't be sorry." she said, hugging me.
   Am I Crazy? No one falls in love this fast. I thought. Crazy or not, he's mine.
   "Love?" Drew said, coming out the screen door. "What is it?" he asked, kneeling in front of me.
  "I think I struck a nerve. I'm sorry, sweet pea, but you see what I mean?" the old woman's eyes sparkled, as she smiled.
   "Em, what did you do?"
   "Shush up, Bill. Everything's fine. We were just talking is all. A little girl talk."
   I looked at her and smiled. "Thanks, Emily." I said starting to rise. Drew took my hand and held me at my waist. "Do you know where it is?"
   "Aye. I know where 3 of them are, just in case." he smiled.
   "Come with? I don't want to use the chair in the house." I said, looking up at him with a twinkle in my eye.
   He helped me to the powder room and waited outside the door. He could hear me singing, which brought a huge smile to his lips.

   The woman in me

   Needs you to be

   The man in my arms

   To hold tenderly

   Cause I'm a woman in love

   And it's you I run to

   Yeah the woman in me

   Needs the man in you.

   Drew's POV:
      I could here her singing softly inside the powder room. She's absolutely amazing. She's singing for me, and me alone. What's that she's singing though?
    The Woman In Me? How does that go again? Dammit, Laurie. Please sing it again, please. Christ sake, she said it . She's in love with me.
   Alright, Drew. Calm down now. She could have just been singing the song. Get it under control. You don't want to frighten her, you arse. But she said she loves me. God please, let it be true. Tell me I can have her.
   Am I crazy? She can't be in love with me yet. I'm just reading to far into it. But one day--
   I opened the door and slowly walked out of the powder room. There he stood, looking expectantly at me. His eyes were warm, and I could see the love he had for me there.
   "I'm a woman in love, and it's you I run to." I sang taking his hand. "Yeah, the woman in me Needs the man in you." I finished the lyric, looking deep into his eyes. "Drew?"
   "Yes, love." he answered, raising my hand to his lips.
   "I love you."