Pain

"Get to your rooms now!" Mark bellowed. "Jeff, get Frankie. Hurry."
  "Hang on, sweetness." Jeff said, running from the room.
  "It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt." Nattie said.
  "Damned straight." Trin said.
  "What were you thinking?"  Ricochet said.
  "You didn't look to see where she was?" Shelton asked.
  "No. I knew I wanted them to land at the foot of the bed. I didn't know she was anywhere near the bed. I hope she's okay."
  "Boy, you will be kissing a lot of asses around here, if she's not." Randy hissed at him.
  "I feel so bad. Do you think she'll be okay?"
  "You messed up bad. You shoulda looked first, dammit." Dio said, pacing by the door.
  "What love? I didn't hear you."
  " Bring him here and Dio too." I said through the pain.
  "Ali. Dio. She wants you."
  Both men came into the room. When they saw me and heard my pain, Dio turned and hit Adeel hard in the face once.
  "Dio." I called to him. He took one look into my eyes and he stopped his assault.
  He stepped to my side and his heart melted. He had to see me safe, unharmed, happy, and loved for the rest of his days. He smiled down at me, and, without even thinking, took me up from the floor and helped Drew place me on the bed.
  "Alright, out of the way." the trainer said, as Jeff brought him in. "Hi, Laurie. I'm Frankie. What happened?"
  "My ankle. It was only a joke, but I had it taken out by a suitcase." I explained briefly.
  "Have you ever had an injury to this ankle before?" he asked, visually examining the now double sized joint.
  "Yes."
  "When?"
  "When I was sixteen or so." I hissed.
  "What happened?" I involuntarily pulled away from him.
  "I have a tear in the tendon that didn't get diagnosed properly until I was thirty-six." He gently felt around the joint.
  "What? Why so long?" I held onto Drew for everything I was worth.
  "Because they originally thought it was a sprain, so they treated it that way." He hit the spot, and I screamed. "It hurts!"
  "Hey Frankie, take it easy." Mark warned.
  "I'm sorry, Laurie." he said. "You'll need an MRI. It's not broken, and, if you've torn that tendon, no amount of physical examination is going to tell us that."
  "Alright, let's get you into something a little warmer, and we'll get you off to the hospital, love."
  The mere mention of going to the hospital made me cringe. I calmed myself by turning into Drew's chest more and inhaling his scent.
  "Get Trin or Becky, please." I said softly.
  He ran off and brought back both women. He had explained what I needed on the way, so they headed to the dresser.
  "Whoops, wrong drawer." Becky blushed, showing Trin the tag on the undergarments she held in her hand.
  "Holy---Can't be easy to buy those." Trin said.
  "Ladies, please hurry."
  "Okay, Drew. Calm down."
  They came over and layed a pair of sweatpants and a long sleeved hoodie on the bed beside me.
  "Now, you boys need to leave, while we help Laurie change." Trin said.
  "Okay. Do you need more help? I could go find someone." Jeff said, opening the hallway door. "Ladies, we need a little help in here."
  "She needs to change?" Nia asked quietly.
  "Yeah. How are you feeling?"
  "It's a breakup, it's supposed to hurt." she said, walking into the room. "Alright, everyone out. We'll call you , when we need you." she said, as the men filed out, except one.
  "Time to go, Drew."
  "Can I at least finish dressing?"
  "Okay. Just don't come out until we tell you to."
  "Okay." he said, looking down at me. "I'll be right out, love. I haven't gone anywhere, okay?"
  "It hurts, Drew."
  "I know it does, love, and I'm sorry. Now, you have to let me go, so we can get you to the hospital."
  Hospital, I cringed.
  "Take good care of her. She's my life."
  "Awww." the girls said, as he went into the bathroom and closed the door.
  "That's so sweet. I think he's fallen for ya, lass." Becky said. They all giggled.
  "How you holding up, Laurie?"
  "I don't want to go to the hospital, but Frankie says I need an MRI."
  "Oh, hun. I didn't know it was that bad. " Nia said, helping me stand.
  I couldn't put any weight on that ankle without screaming due to the pain.  I could hear Drew going crazy in the bathroom, and I felt so bad for him. I would have to make it up to him later somehow.
  "Calm down, big boy." Becky said. "She's alright. We just have to find another way to get her out of her pants." I screamed again.
  "What the fuck are they doing to her?!" Mark yelled.
  "I can't. I can't." Shawn said, turning away from the door, tears rolling down his face.
  "It's alright, Shawn. Calm down. Everything's going to be okay." Kevin assured his friend with a hand on his shoulder, trying not to lose it himself.
  "I called the ambulance, they're on their way." Shane said, as he arrived. "How is she?" I screamed again. "Jesus Christ, they're killing her!"