𝑺𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒏【 a fruitless attempt 】

Start from the beginning

"Don't tell me this has something to do with Sir Shahveer?" Daneen asked and Fizza snapped her head towards her friend with an expression that made her raise her eyebrows.

"Why the heck would you even think that?" Fizza glared at her and Daneen got her answer. She was well aware that if her question made Fizza angry then there was something more to it than she is told. Otherwise, she would've gotten a dismissal wave of hand or a shake of head at most.

"Nothing much." She gave a full-stop to their conversation, considering they had arrived and she knew asking Fizza wouldn't do any good, for her friend was one to open up herself when she couldn't bear it anymore.

~~

Everyone, students and teachers, strolled towards the open area of the building and and the students were made to stand in lines according to their respective grades and sections. Apparently, an announcement was to be made by the head so they all gathered in one place during recess.

Fizza, Shahveer, Haroon and Daneen, were also there but the four of them divided themselves into groups based on genders, entirely because of Fizza dragging Daneen to the other side, and now they stood on the oppsite corners of the ground. Such that if they looked straight ahead, they'd see each other.

"Kia kardia tumne, bhai?" Haroon voiced out and Shahveer turned towards him with a question mark plastered on his face.
(What did you do, bro?)

"Fizza tumse bhaag kyoun rahi hai?" He elaborated and pursed his lips when he saw Shahveer's eyes turning into slits and his nose flaring. Gosh, it was hard for him to suppress his laugh.
(Why is Fizza running away from you?)

"Usse hi pocho." Mumbled Shahveer and turned to look at her, who was giggling because of Lord knows what along with Daneen.
(Ask her yourself.)

She laughed without a care in the world and for the millionth time, his heart beat at the sight. He continued with his stare and a few seconds in, he heard a low unrestrained laugh from his right. He turned, with narrowed eyes, and found Haroon chuckling.

"Gali sunne ka mood hai?" He asked and Haroon straightened, trying and failing to hold his laugh. As soon as his friend came back to his senses, he probed further; "Bohat hansi arahi hai, hain na?"
(Want me to curse you out?) (You're finding this really funny, aren't you?)

"Seriously speaking yaar, han. Mujhe bara maza araha hai tumhe ese dekhke. It has been a while since I got to, so spare me." (Yes, I am having fun seeing you like this.)

"Pehle kab?" (When before?)

"2 saal pehle." Haroon stated and Shahveer's eyes widened a little. He gulped hard and licked his dry lips, as he moved his head to look at the stage on his left, for the head was here, but didn't forget to glance at her once, who was still giggling and trying to look serious at the same time.
(Two years ago.)

"Assalam o Alaikum, teachers and students. I wouldn't be taking much of your time so please bear with me for the next few minutes. There was this survey we held sometime back for our coaching to become better in terms of both the academics and other activities." The head announced and the students perked up at the mention of other activities.

"So, we finally have the results of that survey and its been decided to hold a sports tournament for the students the next weekend." He announced and the boys grinned while the girls groaned. "It'll be good for your mental and physical health, hence the decision." The next sound heard, was a loud cheer from the boys' side and the girls stood in their places visibly disagreeing with the said result.