chapter four: special to me

Start from the beginning

junkyu continues looking around, getting bored with the professor's lecture. he looks at haruto's side and sees a bag with a padding coat hung on top of it. "well, maybe i could borrow it from him..?" junkyu debated with himself whether he'd wake up the sleeping beauty or not.

"pssst" junkyu whispers while tapping haruto's shoulder multiple times.

"dude wake up!!!" he said loudly which made their teacher, mr. huang, glare at him with an intense gaze. junkyu mouths him a "sorry" and proceeds to waking haruto up. after a while, haruto finally wakes up and looks at junkyu with disgust.

"ugh you freak. i'm sleeping here can't you see?" the tall boy yawns and rubs his eyes.

"sorry, i was feeling kinda cold in here" junkyu continued to sniffle.

"well what do you want me to do princess? control the weather?" he replied with sarcasm while junkyu was flustered with the fact that haruto just called him a princess.

"no- no not that um... i left my coat in the locker so could you lend me that?" junkyu nervously asked him while pointing at haruto's padding coat.

"of course not. deal with the cold on your own stupid, and who the hell leaves their coats in their lockers when it's so cold?" the boy said then rested his head on his hand to listened to the lecture. junkyu's patience with haruto was slowly running out and he really wanted to slap his oh so beautiful face.

"what a complete asshole! damn he doesn't even deserve the compliments i've been showering him" junkyu thought with a pout. he feels a pair of eyes stare at him, probably haruto's which is why he tried avoiding his eyes while sneezing on the tissue and continuing to sniffle.

junkyu suddenly feels a soft and warm object wrap around him and it was haruto's padding coat which the boy placed on him. the brown haired's ears turned red and a slight color of pink started forming on his cheeks, not because of the cold but because of how haruto was all of a sudden, as charming as a prince.

"o-oh thanks" junkyu replied with a shy smile.

- class 807-2k ; 12:46 pm
"class dismissed!"

doyoung happily stood up and grabbed jaehyuk's hand to bring him to the music room. seeing this, jeongwoo's anger completely took over him which is why he decided to follow the two. he hated it so much. looking at how good they both seemed for each other. wait no, not just good but they were perfect for each other. their smiles when they glanced at one another and how happy they were just being with each other was so painful to jeongwoo.

"maybe if i leave them be... then he would be happier" he said to himself with unoticed tears falling on his face.

they entered the music room and word must've spread really quickly because everyone in class was waiting for doyoung to perform. this caused him a little bit of stage fright which is why he hesitated to even sit on the piano chair.

"you can do this dobby, fighting!" jaehyuk whispered to his friend which definitely helped doyoung gain confidence in himself. the person he likes trusted and believed in him, and that was something even better than just anyone cheering him on.

there was silence for a while and the students were all excited to listen to doyoung. once he started playing, his classmates were completely stunned with how could the red haired could play. the tempo of the song was very fast, yet doyoung played it in a really graceful way. his fingers looked like they were dancing on the piano keys to the melody of the song, the dim lighting did add an extra effect to his performance which was the definition of perfect. doyoung's performance ended and jaehyuk sat beside him to compliment him.

"woah! kim doyoung! that was amazing" he said while trying to process the performance the younger gave.

"you're so cool, for real! teach this to me next time!" jaehyuk continued.

"of course! it's by a russian composer. it's 'The Celebrated Chop Waltz' but i'm not sure if you know about it'" doyoung told him.

jaehyuk was now speechless. this song makes even the best pianists struggle, yet he played it as if it was his own. doyoung chuckles at his shocked face, it looked really cute to him.

as the two new close friends talked to each other, jeongwoo watches from afar. he was glad to see that jaehyuk was really happy but pained with the fact that the reason why his best friend was happy wasn't because of him. later on, everyone left the music room and only jaehyuk and jeongwoo were left alone, together.

"let's go now!" jaehyuk said while packing up some papers for their class. jeongwoo refuses to even look at him, he felt guilty to be ignoring his best friend but he couldn't handle the pain this new relationship jaehyuk had was giving him.

"you close with that new kid?" jeongwoo finally said, with an unfamiliar angry tone which scared jaehyuk.

"hmm? doyoungie?" jaehyuk replied sweetly so that it would make the mood a bit lighter.

"already a nickname for him huh?" he continued with the same angry tone.

"i just thought, well you know, that he'd feel out of place. and as the class president, of course i should be nice" jaehyuk explained.

"so that's it with you two?"

"what's wrong, you jealous?" jaehyuk teased him, hoping that he'd soften up a bit.

"you crazy? why would i be jealous" the boy scoffed and left the music room, leaving jaehyuk alone. he frowned like an abandoned puppy with little hope that it's owner would come back.

"stupid jeongwoo... why would he be jealous when he's the most special to me?"