First Place (3)

Start bij het begin

I turn to walk the opposite way, when a hand grabs me, stopping me from taking another step, "I'm fine Aly. I've accepted defeat." I shrug her hand away walking towards where Jennie is waiting.

When the double doors open and I finally see Jennie in her dress a sense of deja vu hits me.

"Rosie." She calls me with a smile, not her wide gummy smile..no..she looks at me with my favorite smile of hers..the toothless one where one eye closes just a bit more than the other..it's that smile, her softest, most genuine smile..the smile that shows her happiness in its purest form.

"Hi Jen." I try to give her a smile that would rival hers, but nothing would ever outshine the smile she has on her face at this moment, "You look beautiful."

"Rosie, you've already seen me in this dress." She chuckles.

"I know, but seeing you now..it really is the best choice." I looked at her as if I was scrutinizing her outfit.

"Finally! I told you." She sticks her tongue out at me playfully.

"Yeah..you told me." My voice almost comes out in a whisper.

~ ~ ~

-1 year later: 3rd Person POV-

It was close to midnight but the consistent thunk, thunk, thunk, on the bedroom window stirred Jennie up from bed.

"What the?" She walks over, squinting her eyes trying to see who's waking her so late at night.

"Psst! Pssttt! Jen! Pssssstttt!" Jennie recognizes Roseanne's not so quiet whispers.

"Yah Roseanne Park are you crazy? Do you have any idea what time it is?" Jennie yells from the second floor.

"I brought Boba?" Roseanne lifts a plastic bag, and even though it was dark Jennie knew Roseanne had a wide smile on her face.

"I'll be down in 5."

~

"Where are we going?" Jennie asks in between sips as Roseanne begins to drive further away from the city.

"I just thought you might want to get some air. You've been looking a little down lately."

"Sorry..I.."

"Don't apologize. It's okay to be sad sometimes, it's normal." Roseanne interrupts, "I just don't want you to keep it all to yourself all the time. I'm your best friend Jen, you can lean on me too."

"I know Rosie." Jennie smiles, "Thanks for this."

"Hmm..anything for you." Roseanne briefly glances over at Jennie.

A comfortable silence drapes over the two, Roseanne focuses on driving while Jennie keeps her eyes on the empty streets of Seoul. Sometimes her gaze would linger on her blonde best friend. Roseanne has always been there for Jennie, no matter what. Even though Jennie knows how Roseanne feels about her.

-Jennie's POV-

How is it that someone can know me even better than I know myself? Sometimes I wonder if things would be different if I just told Rosie that I know. I admit, before Irene I did have a tiny crush on Rosie, but it didn't turn into anything more because that's when I met my wife..and I just found my heart choosing her.

-Flashback - the night before the wedding-

"What about me?"

"Do you take me till death do us part?" I don't know why I stopped her, I don't know why I asked that..Rosie's just trying to help me get over my nerves, but I wanted her answer nonetheless.