#05: 𝐀 𝐆𝐈𝐑𝐋𝐒' 𝐃𝐀𝐘 𝐎𝐔𝐓

Start from the beginning

Truth is, she wasn't wrong. In brief but past relationships, you enjoyed being pampered with the money each man provided. Once you grew bored, you would drop them and move along as though nothing happened. But the last time that happened was four years ago, having a man spoil you again wasn't a part of your persona anymore.

Yet thanks to Gojo, that was all about to change.

"Cel, Layla, what do you guys think?" You asked the girls. The two looked up from their maple syrup coated plates with neutral expressions. "You said this is grown folk business mama," Celeste pointed out cautiously. A scoff rang from your lips, "Baby, your mama is asking for help. Help me out."

Celeste exchanged a quick glance with Layla before replying. "Mama, I still don't think he's real. And it sounds nice to have him spend money on you," she began. "Mhm, Auntie Y/N, it sounds real nice," Layla inserted cheerfully.

Your eyes drifted from the girls and up to Shaunie's gaze, a grin on both of your faces. Both of your daughters seemed to be your life coaches at times, it makes you question who the adult truly is sometimes.

"Okay girls, how about we take Y/N out for a girl's day," Shaunie suggested, removing the remaining food from the skillet. You joined the girls at the table, stealing a slice of bacon from Celeste's plate.

"Sounds good to me, wanna go to the mall or the music store. We could go check out some new records!" Shaunie flashed a full smile towards the table, "Alright then, let's go ladies!"
With that, your girl's day had began.

゜♥。゚♡゚・。♥。・゚♡゚・。♥。゜♥。゚♡゚・。♥。

You tugged at the tag of the marbled mint green halter mini dress you wore for the day. Along with the white shoulder bag and updo, you were the most desirable woman during the outing. You even put Shaunie, who was just as fashionable as you to shame.

"Damnit girl, you truly are the sexiest mom I've ever seen," she chuckled from beside you. Your eyes scanned over Shaunie, wearing a tan polo shirt with brown flared pants. "You look good, maybe we'll find you a man too," you hinted.

The two of you looked at each other, suddenly bursting into laughter. The stares of Layla and Celeste grew intensely, not that they could understand the concept yet.

"Ma, let's go inside the toy store, I wanna look at the new dolls!" Celeste intervened, pointing to the store. You nodded your head and allowed for Celeste to guide you into the store, a gush of air brushing past you.

"Wait a second, let's grab a cart!" Shaunie announced to you and the rushing child. "Mmm, wanna have a race to the toy section?" You requested as Celeste climbed into the shopping cart.

"Y/N, last time we did that, we got kicked out,
remember?"Shaunie reminded you with a sigh. You slid your purse down to Celeste, "Eh, it was a bummy store anyways."

You and Shaunie lined the carts together, both daughters jumpy with anticipation. "3...2...1!" Celeste and Layla counted down. You and Shaunie ran down the tiled floor, pushing the carts with as much force you possibly could. Now, were you the best influence?

No.

But who honestly cared about a woman racing towards the toy section of the department store at full speed?