Ch.34 Introductions

Start from the beginning

"Killian..." Hayden began slowly.

But what did one say to someone in Killian's position?

Hayden struggled with finding the right words for a while before giving up and sighing in defeat. He watched Killian turn the door knob and walk into the room. He too knew there were no words that could ever stop the storm in his chest.

After a few more seconds of staring at Kiara's door, Hayden turned towards Nora's. He gripped the door knob and pushed the door open as quietly as he could. The curtains were drawn across the large windows, drawing the room in muted sunlight. It felt strange to hear the rain sounds while watching the sunlight come in through the window, but Hayden figured Nora would like it.

Walking over to the side of the bed, Hayden sat down his coffee on the small table and pulled his chair closer. His chest still ached from seeing Killian. His throat was dry and his mind littered with horrifying what if situations. Picking up Nora's hand, he brought it to his lips and pressed a light kiss.

"Wake up," he whispered. "Please....I'll be nice, I promise."

The heart monitor beeped in the room over the sound of the rain coming from Hayden's phone.

"I won't yell at Birdie, I'll apologize to my parents, I'll give Enzo a raise.....anything you want," Hayden cradled Nora's small hand in his and brought it to his face. "Please....just wake up."

The monitor continued to beep in a slow steady rhythm. Hayden's gaze stayed glued on Nora's sleeping face as he held her hand and pressed kisses to the tips of her fingers.

The uncertainty of not knowing what was going on in Nora's mind was torture. According to the doctors, her body was completely healed. Not a single scratch left.

Clare and Heyder were stunned when they discovered what Hayden had done. They couldn't believe he was able to maintain his control over his magic long enough to heal Nora from the hands of death. But Hayden didn't know how to put into words the way he felt whenever he was around Nora. It was as if his two sides were finally at balance, swirling and mixing freely without conflict.

He had experienced the feeling before, the first time he kissed Nora. But back then he was too distracted by the feel of her lips and the feel of her body under him to recognize just how blissful his torment had turned.

However, holding Nora's broken body and fearing for her life, Hayden had pulled on all of his strength in a desperate attempt to keep her. He didn't know what would happen. It was the first time he had ever called upon both of his magics at once. If it meant burning up and falling to ashes, Hayden was ready to take the chances.

But as he sat with Nora bleeding in his arms, the most wonderful sensation of feeling complete and whole took over. Hayden pushed his energy into Nora and crushed her to his chest, breathing life into her. He would never forget the moment he felt her heartbeat rise up to match his.

"Nora," Hayden said once more, looking at the girl and touching her cheek. "Wake up...talk to me, please. You're too quiet."

_______________________________

"Yeah," Killian spoke into the phone as he rubbed his forehead. "Her appointment is at 4."

"I'll take Lila," Posey said on the line. "Don't worry."

"No, no," Killian shook his head. "I'll take her. It's fine."

"Killian," Posey sighed. "Stay with Kia. I'll take care of Lila."

"Thanks..." Killian's eyes flickered up. "Lila's doct-"

The way Killian's heart jumped could have killed him if he had been a mortal. His brain shut off for a split second before flying through a range of emotions at the speed of light. The phone in his hands almost dropped and shattered on the floor as he sat staring at Kiara.