chapter 3

~parseltongue~

&gobbledegook&

"Speech"

Thoughts

----pov change

- - - - -⌲THE NEXT DAY GRACE got up at around 5:00 am. She decided to go over her coursebooks once again just to make sure that she had memorized them all correctly. Once she was done with that she wand-lessly cast a Tempus and saw that it was already 7:15 am.

She headed to the bathroom to get ready for the day. She just brushed her hair and made an identical pair of French braid space buns. After she was done with that she cast a quick spell that Helga had made to make sure her hair stayed in place. She put on the ring that she was given by the founders the day she left. It was a simple gold ring but it meant a lot to her since it reminded her of her time with the founders. She let Amirah wrap herself around her waist.

She headed downstairs and saw that the girls were already down there and were waiting for her and the boys.

After about 5 minutes the boys finally came downstairs and they all went to the great hall for breakfast.

They sat down at the table and ate breakfast. After they had finished professor Slytherin came up to them and gave them their schedules. Grace frowned when she saw that none of the old subjects were being taught now. i should've expected this she thought with a sigh.

They walked to their first class which was transfiguration and they had it with the Gryffindors. They all sat down and saw that there was a cat on professor McGonagall's table. Using her mage sight she found out that this was professor McGonagall and that she was an Animagus. Just as class was about to start Weasley burst through the door with Finnigan and Thomas. He looked panic but was relieved when he saw that professor McGonagall "wasn't there".

They started talking about how they were relieved that McGonagall wasn't there yet.

Just as they did that the cat turned into professor McGonagall and Weasley muttered something in awe that sounded like 'bloody hell that's brilliant' McGonagall thanked him and scolded them all telling them that if they were late again she'd transfigure one of them into a map and the other into a pocket watch. McGonagall went back to her desk and Grace internally cringed when Weasley spotted her.

He came over to where Grace and her friends were sitting and said, "Grace! Why are you sitting with these slimy Slytherins! You might have been sorted into Slytherin but I know you're a Gryffindor deep down"

At this point, he had his hands on her shoulder and was trying to drag her with him to where his friends were sitting. Grace froze and her eyes blazed with anger. She snatched his hand from her shoulder and threw it away with such force that Weasley stumbled back and almost landed on his arse.

"Weasley, if you want to keep your hand I suggest you don’t touch me ever again," she said pointing her wand at Weasley.

He had a frightened look on his face and stammered something that sounded like 'yes' and walked away. Professor McGonagall who somehow didn't notice the interaction (Though Grace had a feeling that she had seen everything) transfigured her table into a pig before turning it back. She gave all of them a matchstick and told them to turn it into a needle. Grace was the first to transfigure her needle and she even managed to make a design on it. Professor McGonagall checked the needle by poking her finger with it and was shocked when she saw blood.

"Well done Miss Potter. 10 points to Slytherin" she said.

Grace smiled and turned her needle back into a match before turning it back. The class ended and they walked into their second class which was, again, with Gryffindors. They walked into the potions class and all took one brewing station. After a while, Professor Snape came in his cloak dramatically floating behind him as he walked down the stairs.