"The Sentinels were only targeting mutants at first. Then they began to identify the genetics in non-mutants who'd eventually have mutant children, or grandchildren. Many humans tried to help us, it was a slaughter. Leaving only the worst of humanity in charge. I've been in a lot of wars, I've never seen anything like this. And it all starts with her." Logan explained slowly, his eyes lowering to the floor below his boots before looking up and looking between the other three in the room.

"That isn't a slaughter, that's a full on massacre." Lola said quietly with a hand to her chin in thought and a frown on her face. "How do you fight against yourself? But this version of you being stronger, faster and unable to be stopped." Lola fidgeted in the chair, the thought of fighting against something invisible had her feeling uncomfortable. Though he didn't wish for her to fight, Lola had persuaded Hank to at least teach her basic defence in the room below in the basement. It didn't end too well, even when unable to be seen, he could still find her thanks to his other senses being so much stronger than a regular persons.

"Hold on," Charles leaned forwards a little lazily, Lola looked over at him with a raised eyebrow. Charles sighed heavily, "You're getting carried away."

"How am I?" Lola sounded confused, she looked it too as she leaned against the armrest of the chair and looked in Charles's direction. She really wasn't following. Considering how earnest Logan sounded, how could any of them say he was lying?

Charles rolled his eyes, "You're so readily believing in something that might not even be. Even if we are to believe what Logan is saying, it's pointless because Raven won't listen to me."

"How do you know if you don't try?" Lola pressed with a frown, she watched him pinch the bridge of his nose. Charles seemed utterly exhausted by this all, she was in no doubt that his brain and thoughts were kicking in overdrive to make sense of everything. He shut his eyes for a few moments before opening them and seeing Lola's lilac eyes staring at him hard. Lola wasn't dropping this, "She is your sister, Charles! No matter what happened in the past, you two are family. There should be nothing in the way of you two managing to find an impasse."

"You don't understand, Lola." Charles sounded defeated, there was much that Lola was in the dark about. Charles doubted that Hank was all forthcoming with the past. How much she knew, Charles didn't know. But if she knew the whole picture, she wouldn't be sitting here saying things like this.

"You're right, I don't. In comparison to Hank, I have not been with you for very long. But I know when something is right and wrong, and not helping your sister? Totally the wrong thing to do. Especially if there is a prospect of her being experimented on. Just let that sink in, yeah? You are sad, and I see that, but surely that sadness would get pushed aside to protect your sister from a fate worse than death." Lola's fingers dug into the armrest, she rarely lost her cool, but she was feeling herself getting slowly and steadily more annoyed. She didn't know what happened between the siblings, but she didn't and couldn't understand why the past couldn't be forgotten about to save his sister from this horrific future coming her way.

"And if she doesn't listen?"

"You make her listen!" Lola exclaimed, throwing her arms up and holding up her hands in a huff, she turned away muttering to herself. She let out a disgruntled noise when she noticed her hands weren't visible. Shaking them and rubbing them up and down her arms she flicked her eyes around the room looking quite disgruntled. She didn't do slip ups, only when her emotions were raised did she happen to make mistakes.

Logan raised an eyebrow, he had met others that could vanish, but his attention slid over to Charles as he looked more distant from the short conversation with Lola. Perhaps something had sunk in for him? Logan quickly forgot this thought as he watched Charles hang his head, shaking it slowly he waved a hand nonchalantly in the air. "Her heart and soul belong to someone else now."