"Ahem! I hope I'm not interrupting anything," A loud cough from beyond the counter snapped the two out of their reverie. Startled, the two immediately released each other.

"Soma!" Yumi blushed wildly, not at the fact that they were caught hugging, hugging was something normal she witnessed countless times when she was traveling around foreign countries. No, what she was upset about was that her brother knows full well that he did indeed interrupt their moment yet feigned ignorance.

"And Megumi," Isshiki notes as Megumi sheepishly waved at them from behind their portable cart.

"I'm glad that your relationship is still going strong, but could you maybe keep it behind closed doors?" Megumi said bashfully at the couple.

"Oh," Yumi averted her eyes with guilt. Perhaps she should've acknowledged the fact that they run a potluck outdoors. "I'll keep that in mind," Yumi replies. Doesn't matter which country you're in, Public Display of Affection is cringe.

"Nah don't sweat it, just do whatever you want," Soma said, not a care in the world. Not a shred of shame on his face.

"Want some Hu Jiao Bing?" He asked with a wide grin, shoving multiple into their arms.

"Don't mind if I do." Yumi joyfully unwraps the steamy buns and takes a wolfish bite. "It's still warm. Satoshi, have some!"

Isshiki shook his head, he had 'you just had a large meal! How can you still have the stomach room?' Written all over his face. 'How can you still be hungry?'

Yumi shot him a look in response that said, 'Don't hinder my quest for a full stomach.'

Soma glanced between the two as they continued their intense staring contest. "You sure seem like you're enjoying yourself these days, sis?"

"I think you need to go get yourself some glasses." Yumi glares at him, breaking first from the silent mind reading. She then tosses over a Totsuki Newspaper. "I know it's the first day up against a powerhouse..."

"Yeah, I'm in quite the bind." Soma laughed without a care. "I'm also surprised you guys got seventh."

"Why are you laughing? This isn't funny!" Yumi fumes as Megumi tries to calm her down.

"I know, I know, I'll come up with a solid strategy to beat him-."

"What? I don't care about your absurd sense of rivalry." Yumi retorts. "I just can't believe this guy talked me into helping him as his sous chef." She jabs her thumb at their senpai. "But yeah, try not to drag our name too deep into the red zone."

"No promises sister," Soma shrugs."But I'm surprised to learn that you've returned from the academy, just thought you came back for the festival." Not knowing where the members of their family had become the norm for the Yukihira, to the point they wouldn't be surprised if they know more about each other through the news than in person.

"Why would I willingly return to this god forsaken place." Yumi rolled her eyes. "He kidnapped me!"

"I did no such thing," Isshiki protests against her accusation.

"Hmph," Yumi turned her nose up, folding her arms. "I wanted to be in the red zone." She mutters.

"But you'll be expelled," Megumi said, slightly confused.

"That's the point," Yumi responds as if it's the most obvious thing in the world. Of course, she would be confused, who in their right mind would purposely expel themselves from this academy.

"Come on, it's late, let's head back to the dorm," Isshiki suggests.

************

"And I'm asking what that got to do with me!" Yumi yells.