Spring

Jihyo woke up early today unlike on any other days of the week. They'll be filming Running Man today as usual and it's been months since Gary left. She's still a little sad about it but the show must go on.

Her phone rang as she was about to leave her apartment.

"Oppa, what's up?" She nonchalantly answered.

"Jihyo-ya. Are you still at home?" The man on the other end asked.

"Yes. I was just about to leave. What's going on?"

"Nothing. I was.. I was just around the area to take care of something. I'm just wondering if you wanted to take a lift to the location?"

"Omo! Nice timing, Oppa! My manager won't be around this morning. I was about to drive.."

"Okay. I'll wait for you at the parking lot, then."

"Yes Oppa! Thank you!"

Jihyo ran towards the elevator and smiled at herself in the reflection. She brushed her hair with her fingers and checked her makeup.

"You're really pretty." An old woman from the corner of the elevator was staring at Jihyo but she didn't notice her at first.

"Ah.. thank you very much, ma'am." Jihyo bowed courteously.

"You must be meeting your boyfriend. He's a lucky man."

"Ah. No-no! You're mistaken, ma'am. It's uhm.. my friend. My older brother.." Jihyo was flustered.

The old woman smiled. "How nice it is to be young and in-love. Your spring's just about to start, I see. Let it bloom, dear. Don't be afraid of fall."

Jihyo was supposed to deny what the old woman was saying but the elevator door opened and  the latter went out.

The old woman took a one-final look at Jihyo and winked at her before the elevator door closed. Jihyo suddenly felt cold air inside the elevator and she was spooked out. Her phone rang and she almost jumped out of surprise.

"O-oppa? Why?"

"We're parked beside your car. Are you okay?"

"Yes Oppa." She reached the parking in no time. "I see your van. I'll hang up now."

She walked towards the familiar van and it opened from the inside the moment she stood close to it.

"Jong Kook Oppa." Jihyo smiled as she went in.

"Have you been well?" Jong Kook looked away.

"Yeah. I don't have colds now."

"Good. Here, drink this." He handed her a thermal flask. "That's a ginger tea. I made it myself."

Jihyo's eyes sparkled as she smiled. "Thank you Oppa. Did you make it for me?"

"NO." Jong Kook's face turned serious. "It was a left over from what I drank for my cough. Don't think too much about it."

"Okay, fine. You're incredibly talkative right now. Aigoo."

Jihyo noticed Jong Kook's manager peeking on the mirror and exchanging glances with Jong Kook. She kept quiet about it and thought it was between him and his manager.

"Oppa, do you remember Jeon Somin?" Jihyo broke the awkward silence.

"Yeah. That kid's not easy to forget. She's a little.. crazy."

Jihyo and Jong Kook laughed.

"Right. But I think she's nice. Kwang Soo adores her."

Jong Kook slightly turned to Jihyo's direction. "What do you mean?"

Jihyo shrugged. "I saw him follow her on IG. He scrolled through her posts. Whenever she gets invited on the show, they get paired up."

"Kwang Soo follows every female guest on IG."

"Aniya (No). He just follows those he likes."

"Wrong. He follows all of them."

"Ya! Kwang Soo isn't like that. Believe me, Oppa. He was supposed to send her a DM but when he looked up, he saw me looking."

Jong Kook was surprised. "I didn't know she's his type."

"What type of girl do you think she is?" Jihyo raised an eyebrow, ready to defend her fellow woman.

Jong Kook sensed Jihyo's defensive mode on and he knew he should be careful with what he says. He didn't want to mess with Song Jihyo.

"Well.. she's.. uhmm. Active." He almost breathed a sigh of relief when Jihyo relaxed on her seat.

"She really is. She's funny too. She moves a lot, dances a lot. She talks a lot. I get tired just by watching her." Jihyo laughed. "Oppa, what type of woman do you like?"

Jong Kook watched his manager wink at him on the rear view mirror. He took a glance at Jihyo who was now facing him.

"Why are you suddenly asking me that?" Jong Kook felt a drop of sweat fall from his temple, disappearing in his shirt.

"Just.. curious." Jihyo smiled playfully.

"Ya! Just sleep. We're almost there and if you don't take a nap, you'll be moody on set." Jong Kook pulled down Jihyo's cap to cover her eyes. They still have fifteen minutes before they reach the location and he knew she needed all the sleep she can get.

"Fine, fine. Wake me up five minutes before we arrive, okay?"

"Okay. Now, sleep." Jong Kook adjusted Jihyo's seat to make her comfortable. Then he gave a sharp look to his manager on the mirror before putting his sunglasses on.

***

A/N
Hi! I know this is a short update. Forgive me. I've just watched Kwang Soo's last episode in RM and I just took this time to cry my heart out.

My head aches for crying too much but my heart aches more knowing that the next episodes will lack Kwang Soo.

Be strong, Runners!

*cries in the corner while rewatching RM ep 559*