• ℭ𝔥𝔞𝔭𝔱𝔢𝔯 𝔉𝔬𝔲𝔯 : 𝔗𝔲𝔱𝔬𝔯 •

Start from the beginning

Although this thought was quite absurd, it would be too hypocrite for (Y/N) to throw this thought away from her mind. Because she knew to herself that she had been half expecting Harry to do it. But what if it was for other girl? (Y/N) wouldn't know.

She didn't have time to face her Potions essay once more because the person who occupied her mind for a moment had been walking towards her table.

"Hey, (Y/N)." said Harry, grinning. He was holding a book that looks like his own Potions book because it had a familiar book cover, just like (Y/N)'s. "Can I seat here?"

He was pointing at Cho's vacated seat in front of her.

"Yeah, sure." said (Y/N) instantly, slightly twirling her quill in between her fingers as she watched Harry settle down. "So... Potions essay?"

"Yeah." said Harry, nodding, then he looked down on his book. "I hate Potions, like Snape."

"That is obvious." muttered (Y/N), snickering. "Want any help?"

"I was about to ask to since I heard that you're great at the subject." Harry said, now pulling out a roll of parchment, his quills and a bottle of ink from his bag.

(Y/N) felt herself going red as she looked down to her undone essay.

"I could only check your wrongs." said (Y/N) tentatively. "That's the only help I could give."

"That's alright." Harry said casually. "At least I could get help and I have a chance to pass this homework with an A."

"Silly." laughed (Y/N) lowly. "Why? What's the lowest and the highest you ever had in Potions?"

"In my four years of magical education?" he asked in a rather amused tone. (Y/N) nodded, and Harry laughed at her when she did. "The lowest was D and the highest was A, but that was just for once because Hermione helped me with it."

(Y/N) stared at him.

"You're not serious." she said, frowning.

But when Harry merely stared back at her, she knew it wasn't a joke.

"You're not that bad, though." she added rather enthusiastically. "I mean, you can get an E, trust me."

"That's why I was asking you to help me." said Harry, his grin was now turning into frown. "I was failing, Snape just told me yesterday."

(Y/N) jerked her head to Harry. She stared at him again but this time with terror. She always had thought that Harry could get his grades into scratch but she never thought that he was actually failing his classes.

"And obviously my parents would be really disappointed if I'd fail any subject." he mumbled, looking away from (Y/N). "Thought I'd need help from anyone. I would try Hermione but I don't want being told off. Knowing her, she'll really go frantic about it. I might ask for a tutor but I don't want Snape to choose the tutor for me. So..." he trailed off, looking back to (Y/N). "... I've thought about you. You're the best option I have."

(Y/N) gazed at him, not knowing how to react. Then after some seconds of weighing things down, she merely said;

"Alright. I'll help you."

Harry's face lit up, his emerald eyes behind his eyeglass showed a sign of relief and hope. He was now smiling widely to the point that he couldn't seem to let it go anymore. He stood up from his chair, so abrupt that it made a screeching sound, before hugging (Y/N) tightly.

It was a shock as (Y/N) sat frozen on her seat, only letting the thoughts ran through her mind as the bespectacled boy continued muttering "Thank you" on her ears.