chapter 2

"Jutsu!"

"Summon/Demon speaking"

'Summon/Demon thinking'

"Person talking"

'Person thinking'

Disclaimer: I do not own Naruto!

Author's Note: I forgot to mention this in the last chapter's author's note so I am going to mention it here before people start complaining. I know there is no such thing as a council or civilian council in Naruto however I like the idea of it. I like the inner politics that goes on I think it adds a whole other dimension to the story. I will say that I won't be overly bashing the civilian council as some fanfics do but they will be taking a slight beating.

PM me if you have any questions or suggestions!

Chapter 2: Parents, Chakra, and Bloodline!

**Timeskip: 5 years**

It has been five years since the Nine-Tails attack on the Hidden Leaf Village and five years since Tsunade, Shizune, and Naruto had started living in the capital. Naruto was now five years old and quite the handful. Tsunade did not know where the boy got all that energy from, it was like he was running on an infinite supply of entry that never runs out. Ever since he learned how to crawl you could not leave him alone for a second, or else when you get back you will notice he vanished. It nearly gave his grandmother and his big sister a heart attack the first time it happened. They were changing him on Tsunade's bed when they turned around for a second to grab a new diaper. When they turned back Naruto was no longer on the bed. Instead, he was on the floor trying to make a break for the opened door. That habit of his only got worse when he learned how to walk. At that point, there was no stopping him. The only thing that Naruto would sit still for was ramen. It drove Tsunade crazy how the boy seemed to have inherited his mother's love for Ramen.

The past five years had been incredibly peaceful for the trio, well as peaceful as it could get with Naruto around. Nothing too interesting happened in the last five years. Even though they have been living in the capital for five years they rarely ever left the compound. When they do leave it is always under a disguise, mainly the transformation Jutsu. In the case of Naruto who had yet to unlock his chakra, they would normally have him wear a hat to his spikey blonde hair and some make-up on his face to hide the whisker marks. Naruto did not really care about the makeup; he was simply happy to be able to go outside. Even though there was no incident in the past five years with anyone recognizing them, Tsunade did not want to take any chance when it came to Naruto, so she always made sure they were in disguises. As mischievous as he was, he would always listen to his grandmother and big sister no matter what. So, when they told him to never go outside without them, he listened.

Over the years the Fire Lord's wife, Madam Shijimi would come by the compound to visit regularly, and sometimes Tsunade would even take Naruto to the palace with her when she goes to visit the Fire Lord. Naruto always enjoyed when Madam Shijimi would come to visit because that would mean that he would get to play with her pet cat, Tora. The cat likes to run around and so does Naruto. By the end of her visit, Tora would be so tired that she would just collapse into either Naruto or Madam Shijimi's arms. Currently, Naruto was sitting at the dining room table with a history book in front of him. Tsunade and Shizune started teaching Naruto how to read at the age of three and by the time he turned four he was able to read all on his own. Now that he is five his level of reading only increased to a point where they could give him more advanced reading materials like the history book he was reading. While Naruto to doing his reading, which is something Tsunade made sure he did every day, Tsunade was in the kitchen fixing lunch and Shizune was in the backyard training. Naruto then closed his book before carefully climbing down from the chair which was too high up for him to begin with. He then took his book and ran upstairs to put it in his room before coming back down carrying some of his toys. He was wearing an orange t-shirt with the Senju clan symbol on the front with a pair of short blue pants.