Chapter 1: Love at First Sight

Samantha's POV

It started out as a usual day. I got up, got ready for work, ate breakfast, got in my car, and drove to work. On my way to work, my phone started buzzing. I quickly looked over at it and saw a bright picture pop up on the screen. It was of me and my boyfriend Anthony.

I quickly picked it up and swipped my finger across the screen to answer it. "Hey babe. What's up?" "I just wanted to know if we're still on for tonight?"

I hesitated. I had planned on breaking it off with him but I didn't know how he would take it. I also didn't want to make it awkward and break up with him at his house and then have to sit there as he would keep saying "We can work it out c'mon." Yet, I didn't want to be mean and break up with him over the phone. I just quickly responded with "Yes." "Okay, see ya later." "Bye." i said.

I pressed the home button and then threw the phone back onto the passenger's seat. I couldn't believe i just did that. Why didn't i just do it right there. It would have been so much easier. I glanced back at my phone. I bit my lip in concentration thinking about what i should do.

My mind told me to just pick up the phone and call him back but my heart was telling me to wait until tonight. My mind got the better of me.

I reached my hand over to pick up the phone but then i came to a stop sign that caught me off guard. I slammed on the breaks as my phone slid off of the seat. "Ahh. Damn it!" I streached my arm down to pick it up off of the car floor. Little did i know that my car started inching forward. Just as i got ahold of my phone i heard a loud crash and glass smashing. I covered my head so that it wasn't hit by anything. The momentum of the car being hit jerked my neck. the pain started spreading throughout my body. I felt it go down my spine and into my legs. I couldn't do anything but scream.

All of a sudden, everything came to a stop. I slowly rose my head to see where i was. As i looked around at my car, all of the windows were cracked, my door was dented inwards, and the whole car was smashed against a tree. I didn't know what to do. I looked around for any way to get out. Then, i noticed my phone. I quickly picked it up and dialed 911.

"Hello? My name is Samantha Thompson and i'm trapped in my car. Someone crashed into me and it pushed me off of the road." "Okay honey, are you hurt at all?" the opperator asked. I moved around a little bit when i felt a scorching pain throughout my upper neck. "Yes, i think i twisted my neck or something. It hurts really bad." "Okay. Stay still and try not to move your neck. I'll send the police over along with an ambulance. Just stay right there until they get there. Okay, sweetheart?" "Okay, got it."

I sat in the car trying not to move my head too much. About 20 minutes later, i saw blue and red flashing lights pull up next to me. Then, i saw a man come up to the car door. He seemed to be holding something in his hand but i couldn't really see it very well due to the cracked glass. He knocked on the door and said "try to move over a little bit. We're going to pry this open." I quickly scooched over in my seat as far to the side as i could so that i didn't get hurt when the opened the door.

They pulled the door right off and helped me out. "Thank you so much." I said. "No problem." I was then rushed over to the ambulance as they layed me down on the streacher and rolled me into to truck. "So, what are you in here for?" I looked up at the man that was laying on the strecher next to me. He had bright green eyes, red hair, and a thick irish accent. "Well, you know, a simple car accident." He quickly looked up at me with a concerned look on his face. "Are you alright?" "I am now." Maybe breaking up with Anthony wouldn't be that hard.