Illusion

Karma swallowed thickly. He had always loved Outertale but recently it only had bad connotations. He hoped that his husband was still here... When This was over Karma has some choice words for him...

   Karma yelped as a blast grazed his shoulder. Luckily the increased instability of power decreased his ability to aim... He whirled around. "Mattie-"

   "That was a funny trick you pulled back there. Turning Matthieu into your form. He's dead because of you!" Matthew was spiraling farther and farther down. Now he thought that Karma was the Virus?

   "Mattie come on look at me. Do I really look like the Virus?" Karma asked putting one hand close to his face to have his strings at the ready.

   "No talking. You're about to be gone for good." He grit out.

   "Mattie come on! He is gone! We defeated him years ago when we saved Matt and Taylor!" Karma huffed. He wished he knew is Matthieu was okay. Maybe with that knowledge this would be easier to do.

   "Don't say his name!" Mattie sent out another large blast of unstable magic.

   Karma leaped out of the way. A planet behind him blew up. His sockets widened. He grit his teeth and stared at his husband. If he could drag this fight out maybe that would be enough magic used to get Mattie to stop hallucinating.

   Karma tugged some strings away from his face. "You want a fight? Fine. We'll fight!"

   Matthew grit his teeth and the corruption markings trickled further down his cheeks almost like black tears. "Good. May the Omniverse finally be rid of you."

   Karma dodged to the side as another blast was sent his way. He grabbed onto Matthew's arm with his strings and swung him into the ground. He knew it would be a good idea to keep his distance in this fight.

   Matthew grunted as he hit he ground. The strings snapped off as he launched back into action heading right for Karma.

   Karma dodged the side and went ino defense mode. If he didn't know Outertale well this would be hard. He hasn't had a fight like this since back when he was Error and fighting Ink. It was difficult when your opponent was not only the most powerful being in the universe but also your husband...

   "Matthew come on snap out of this!" Karma tried ago since those blasts had to have used a lot of power.

   Matthew grit his teeth and kept leaping after Karma. He was gearing up for another large blast. They were both on a ledge.

   Karma dodged to the side.

   Matthew smirked. "Nice try. You always dodge to the right." The blast struck Karma in the left side.

   Karma let out a yell as he hit the ground and rolled. He curled in on himself and forced his eyes open to look up at Matthew. "Mattie- Come on snap out of it Lilac..."

   Matthew stared at the figure on the ground about 20 feet away. He grit his teeth and winced as the words hit his ears. He stepped back as the vision faded away. Karma was there suddenly. On the ground clutching his side.

   The Virus was never here. And that was... That was Cypher that he was talking to earlier. He hurt his son. He hurt, and possibly killed, his brother. He hurt his husband!

   Matthew glanced to the side where the edge was. "Karma-"

   Karma smiled in relief. "Mattie. You're back."

   Matthew stepped back again. "No I'm not... I'm just... I'm not stable."

   "Mattie..?"

   Matthew gave a watery smile. "Hey... I love you glitchy." He turned and jumped.