Chapter 9: The Return

Time flew by quickly, mostly because Pawblo and Little Cato were having fun together while the boy's father was away. It made him feel happy, knowing that his son was in probably good hands. He made sure to head straight home the minute he could.

Avocato was walking back towards his home. His shuttle had just arrived back on Tera Con Prime. He was picking up the pace as he was half-expecting something to go wrong. When he made it home, it was clear that...nothing bad happened. Pawblo appeared to be washing the dishes, while Little Cato was on the couch, playing a video game on the T.V.

Pawblo turned when he heard the sound of the general walking into the home. "Ah, you're back. Hey, kid! Your father is home!" He called out, to which Little Cato jumped off the couch and walked over to his father, embracing him with his hug. "Welcome back, Dad!" Little Cato's eyes were lit up with excitement. Avocato smiled. As the two of them talked, Pawblo stood there, watching them interact. A light smile appeared on his face.

"Welp, I'm guessing this is my cue to leave", Pawblo exclaimed. "Thanks for the temporary hospitality, but I think I'll be heading home now." He grabbed his things into his bag and began to head out. Avocato stopped him in his tracks. "You sure? You could stay for dinner."

The blue-ish ventrexian rolled his eyes. "Me and the kid just had dinner." He let out a chuckle. "I, uh, appreciate the offer, though." Pawblo shrugged. Avocato let out a small laugh. "Yeah, yeah. I should've known that, heh. Well, get back home safely." He had his hands in his coat pocket.

Pawblo smiled lightly. "Thanks." He soon stepped out of the home and ran off back to his place. Avocato stood at the door and watched him walk away until he disappeared. He chuckled and closed the door. When he turned around, Little Cato had a mischievous look on his face. Avocato looked confused. "Uh...what's up?"

The young boy laughed a little. "I saw what you tried to do." He let out a laugh. "You like him, don't you?" The ventrexian was surprised to hear this claim from his son. "What? No. Get that idea out of your head, son." He walked over to the kitchen. He was grabbing a cold drink from the fridge as Little Cato went back to his game. "He doesn't seem like he would be into me."

The kid let out another laugh. "I wouldn't be so sure about thaaat." Avocato listened to his son attentively. "We've talked about you before. He thinks you're mysterious and cool." Little Cato had an enthusiastic tone. Avocato went over to the couch and sat next to his son. "Does he now? Huh."

The ventrexian was thinking about his son's claims. It was strange, knowing that he may or may not be interested in a relationship with him. Pawblo has always intrigued him ever since they met that day. He seemed trustworthy, as well as a bit alluring to his preferred type of partner. His fur color was also nice. Avocato realized his mind was wandering too far and decided to just forget it.

Little Cato noticed his father's dazed state. "What are you thinking about, Dad?"

Avocato shook his head as he smiled. "It's nothing, kiddo. Go back to your game."