✔XXXII - The Damn Witch Managed to Break The Wall!

Začať od začiatku

"But even so, how could I use her as my pawn?" Zenith asked, remembering she tried to say to Demian that she might be a spy but he disregarded it as if he knew she wasn't. And besides, Zenith may have felt a slim aura coming out of Seraphina but it was just as normal as a human. Casian's assumption might be right and somehow she felt it was. 

The humans as well as the other races feared dragons and they had heard a lot of rumors of the Salamander brothers. It could be the human King's way to avoid his daughter getting killed as well as to protect his country. 

Casian said, "Well, for that I have to go to the human country and find out by myself."

"Why do you have to go? Send your men."

"No. I'm tired of being in the dragon country. Sometimes, we need a change in the air," he grinned. She knew her brother. He would always pretend to be playing around however, he wasn't a her father's successor for no reason. 

Zenith's eyes glinted at the suggestion as a wicked smile appeared on her lips and she nodded. "Then don't be late as the transformation might not be so late."

****

Zenith came back to her chamber and she called out her servants and the head maid of the castle. 

The fat lady came with the pace of a hurricane and bowed in front of her highness. She was afraid of what the reason was this time. As the last time Zenith had called her with a complaint of a new servant who mistakenly washed her clothes with bleach and it was a horrifying memory of what happened to the poor maid later. 

The other three maids of Zenith bowed down as well behind the head maid as they waited for her complaints. All of their hearts thumped in their ears. 

"Catherine," Zenith called the head maid and added, "I have some questions for you."

Catherine started to sweat as she answered, "Yes, your highness."

She tilted her head as she found her highness sitting on her chair, her chin held high and a dark terrifying aura coming out of her. Catherine felt like a small rat locked in the gaze of a viper she was about to squeak in fear but that would cause her death. 

"Have you found anything odd about the human princess's maid?" She asked, her face portraying seriousness, "What was her name again?" 

Zenith threw her hand in the air as she added, "Well, I don't remember lowly human's names."

"Celia, your highness." The head maid answered, her voice shaking. 

"Yes, have you found anything unusual in her behaviour?" she asked. 

Catherine tried to recall but what exactly unusual was she talking about? Celia was an excellent maid and she knew how to make others comfortable around her and she always helped her even the other maids. Apparently, all of the maids were unable to understand her highness's demand. 

"There is nothing unusual, your highness. She is worthy of being a head maid herself and she was serving Princess Seraphina from her childhood so she is very experienced as well." Catherine said truthfully what she had learned so far about Celia. 

Zenith's hand found her chin. How odd! There must be something that would present itself as a suspicious activity. She had found so many odd traits in Seraphina. Why not in her maid? 

"What does she do all day?" 

"Cleaning and stitching her princess's clothes, making meals, she sometimes helps us and she even has a good knowledge on herbs." Catherine answered, "The herbal tea I give you everyday is one of the recipes she has taught us."