- poppies

The two had just finished a careful and dangerous trek back from the ominous frozen waterfall and lake. The sight was one of a kind and truly it could not be replicated anywhere else. Techno and you had made it down to the tundra plains where snow hasn't suffocated the ground. Tired, both of you stopped on a hill that overlooked the wilderness, the wooden cottage in the far distance. The chill of the seemingly never-ending winter was bearable as you both stood under the sun's warm comforting light.

While you were distracted looking at the view yet again Techno manages to sneak off. You turn to talk to him when you notice Carl is standing there unattended, you shudder and look frantically all around for Techno. Suddenly you felt vulnerable without him by your side, you needed him for protection. As you try to approach Carl, he begins to become uneasy and move away from you. "Easy Carl! Techno! Carl easy, easy!-"  Carl bolts off and nearly runs you over as he gallops off, you run after him while panicking that something bad will happen to him.

You don't get very far running after him before stopping to catch your breath. "He will be alright Y/N, stop worrying so much." He gently says expectedly as he catches up to you on foot, he must've been trailing behind or had wandered not too far. As he got closer you could see he was clearly holding something behind his back. Curious, you tilt your head to get a better view of what he might be holding.

With a chuckle he reveals a small bundle of flowers he picked behind his back. The flowers in his hand were a colorful and playful yellow, your eyes sparkle and glaze with awe. The fluttery feeling overwhelming your chest. "They were meant to be a surprise but that plan did not play out too well. Since you don't know a lot about the world out here, I thought after I showed you the falls this would be a staple to remember of your time here. They are artic poppies, they can bloom in even the harshest of places. Even here." He says, gesturing to the field surrounding you, you hadn't noticed them and their grace while being too worried about Carl running off.

See this gesture of kindness, you gently take the flowers that were being offered and smell them lovingly, a smile growing on your face. "Techno you never had to do any of this- but I am grateful! They are beautiful, I love them... Carl, he-" 

He quietly hushes you which causes you to stop, you hadn't noticed how close you two were until his finger nearly touched your soft lips, your breaths were hot and steaming like a dragon's would. You face flushes a deep color. "Carl will be fine, we have lived up here long enough to know our way around here if we get lost."

You nod in agreement while looking at one another, placing a hand on your back he walks you back to the hut under the sunset that was beginning to engulf the mountains.

You came to realize that you loved it here.

----------

A/N: sorry if the chapter was shitty I am finishing up school today, another chapter will be out very soon! Thank you to those who have even read up until this point, you may never comment but thank you for at least reading this, means a lot! <3