Running Out Of Time

Start from the beginning

"Um, does Overhaul know that you're basically upgrading me?" Midoriya checked. The man chuckled, somehow sounding sinister through the childlike glee.

"Even if you're resilient enough to survive physically, you'll be broken long before I'm done," he said. "Twenty-four-seven mechanical surgery with no pain medication is more than enough to break even the strongest of men. Remember, all you have to do to make the pain stop is tell us what we need to know."

Midoriya shook his head. If they really managed to mentally shatter him again, he'd just turn back into a ruthless killing machine. Again—he was really getting tired of being an experiment for villain groups. Well, at least it was him and not Eri.

He felt a knife dig into his stomach, and he braced himself for the pain.

*               *             *

Hitoshi Shinso stood wide-eyed outside of a massive door that said 1-A. He'd done it! Taking a deep breath, he pushed open the door, grinning involuntarily when he saw all of the friends he'd made while training with their class. Michi was late, which was odd, but Kaminari, Mina, Jiro, and Shoto were all there. He saw Kacchan and Ochako as well, and the latter seemed to be celebrating something.

"Yo, Shinso's here!" Kaminari said once he noticed him.

"Called it!" Ochako cheered, pumping a fist. "Mineta is long gone!" Most of the class cheered, and the ones that were too nice for that sagged in relief. Hitoshi rolled his eyes, a grin playing at his lips as everyone started praising him for replacing the class pervert.

"I didn't intentionally kick him out, you know," Shinso said. "I still would have tried just as hard to replace anyone else."

"Well, this is the way it turned out and we couldn't be happier," Mina stated, throwing an arm over his shoulder. It looked comical with how much taller he was than her, but she didn't seem daunted.

"Welcome to class 1-A."

*                *                *

"Yo Kaminari! Are you okay?" Jiro asked, concerned. "You look really pale."

He nodded slowly. "You know how the Savior broke into the hospital and healed Tenya's brother?" he asked.

"Yeah, I remember. How could I not?"

"Right. Well, did I tell you about what happened to my mom?" he asked her. Kyoka tilted her head to the side, wracking her memory.

"I don't think so," she said after a moment.

Kaminari sighed. "Last year, she lost her quirk. We don't know how." Jiro's eyes widened; she'd never heard of something like that happening. "Last night, the Savior arrived at our house with the same little girl that healed Iida's brother, and... he gave it back."

"Whoah," Jiro gasped. "The Savior really came into your house and healed your mom?" Denki nodded. "That's so cool!"

"Yeah, but... since he's the one that did it, that must mean the ones that took my mom's quirk were criminals, right? Remember the Nomu at the USJ?"

Kyoka felt her face drain of color. "He had multiple quirks," she whispered. "The League of Villains stole your mom's quirk."