The Entrance Exam

Michi tripped on his way into the exam. An unexpectedly kind girl had caught him with her gravity quirk, which made him a new friend, but he was still frustrated. All For One had insisted that he use Disguise to make himself taller, which not only completely drained his energy but also made him keep tripping over himself and hitting his head. He was getting the hang of it, so it shouldn't affect his performance too badly, but it was still unbelievably irritating.

He took a deep breath. He'd tripped in front of everyone, which basically just showed everyone that he was a clutz, right? Clumsiness could be endearing, if he played it right. It certainly didn't make anyone think he was dangerous. He nodded, following the instructors to the testing site.

Battle Center B was ridiculously enormous, and there were multiple of them. How much money had gone into this? Was it really necessary? Michi immediately dismissed the thoughts, recognizing that he was thinking too much like Midoriya. Michi needed to be somewhere in between Midoriya and Izuku in idealism and kindness, but even though it was closer to Izuku on that spectrum, Midoriya didn't trust his other personality's acting skills at all.

So, that left Midoriya struggling to remember to be kind, starry-eyed, and motivated. It was a struggle, but he'd manage. He was motivated, after all, and it was for at least some of the right reasons. He'd found that letting Izuku closer to the surface helped positively influence his attitude.

He stood casually, apart and silent as the others talked amongst themselves, staring at the looming gates. They were cracked open so he could see inside, which made him wonder. He scanned the others taking the test, taking note of anyone he found interesting. There was the gravity quirk girl, trying to hype herself up. There was a ridiculously flamboyant blonde boy with a belt that always seemed to look like he was posing for a picture. There was a severe-looking boy with short, dark blue hair and glasses, tubes coming from his calves. Probably a speed-type quirk, though he obviously hadn't neglected training the rest of his body judging by his impressively muscular physique.

He started to make his way over to the girl to thank her, but the boy with the glasses stopped him on his way there. "That girl appears to be trying to focus," he said. "What are you doing here? Are you taking the entrance exam to interfere with everyone else?"

"Chill out man, I'm just trying to say thank you. She caught me when I tripped back at the school," Michi replied.

"Yes, I saw," he said. "Still, don't—"

"OKAY, START!" a voice screamed suddenly, startling the students. Michi recognized the voice as President Mic, and he immediately took off into the Battle Center while the other kids stared at each other in confusion. Behind him, he heard Mic say, "What's wrong? There are no countdowns in real fights! Run, run! The die has been cast, you know!"

Even with his significant head-start, he guessed he only had a moment before the boy with the glasses caught up to him. A robot suddenly burst through a wall to his left, and Michi dove to the side to avoid getting crushed. He consciously activated his Analysis, knowing that Research would do nothing against non-living objects. Reading the somewhat jerky movements, he dodged through the flailing arms and rolled to his feet behind it, spotting a small red button on it's back. He slapped it before the thing could turn around, and it deactivated immediately.

He grinned. One point down.

Even as he raced through the vacant streets to destroy the robots, he couldn't help but keep getting distracted by all the quirks around him. This was Izuku's dream, to be able to analyze so many quirks with so much potential. But, he kept reminding himself, he wasn't Izuku right now. He needed to be Michi, and obsessing over quirks would definitely catch the attention of anyone still thinking about him, like Kacchan for example.