IV.

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

PERSEPHONE WAS SURPRISED AT THE NEWS FROM DEAN, her eyes popping out of her head. "Adam Banks? I mean, I didn't even expect him to participate."

Dean agreed with her, folding his arms around his stomach. "You're fine with it, right? It's okay?"

Persephone nodded, "More than enough. Thank you, Dean."

Deep down, Persephone was thankful truly. Adam Banks was probably her best option, so she got lucky.

Adam Banks had good grades, a good reputation, and was a really good hockey player. She could easily turn the narrative with his help; as he was popular in the school.

Dean told Persephone that Adam was going to fake sick, and he would take Persephone out to get to know her and she could show up for the second half of school. Dean arranged it for her when the whole thing happened at practice.

If they were going to fake a relationship, he thought he would at least have to get to know her and find out how exactly they were going to do this.

Both of them were reluctant to even try in the first place, but Adam let his morals and his unwillingness to say "no" get the best of him.

Persephone went to sleep, pondering upon Adam Banks as she shut her eyes. She had heard about him from her friend group, but not enough to the point where she could size him up and get a general idea of him.

Maybe he was cocky, maybe he was shy.

Everything was an open-ended question running through her brain as she slept.

The next morning, when Persephone woke up, she had realized the importance of that day to her. She got up to rummage through her closet and drawers, trying to figure out what to wear.

"Conservative? Skimpy?"

She wishes she had Gen with her, the fashionista in her life.

Persephone eventually came to the conclusion that it would be best to wear something simplistic, and something representing her. If she was going to get to know him, and he gets to know her, it was best she dressed in something natural to her aura.

She chose skinny-fit bell-bottom pants, which were a brown velvet texture. The mid-rise of the bottoms had a simple leather belt, complimenting her waist. Paired with the brown pants was a cream-colored oversized sweater, tucked into said pants. The sweater had a gold necklace, with a moon chain on it, hanging around her neck and the warm tones fitting nicely with her complexion.

Alongside that, she moved to makeup, doing minimal tinted gloss to coat her lips. Her eyes had a somewhat smokey brown hue, giving her eyes the illusion of being smaller.

When she found herself suitable to go out with Adam, she checked her watch, seeing that she still had time before he came to pick her up.

She went downstairs and looked at her shoe rack, shoving on white converse. She maneuvered to the kitchen, finding that Dean had left for school and she was home alone.