Chapter 13: Madoc Steele

Start from the beginning

"I think he's going to be fine."

"You said that last time when Breach-"

"I'll try not to hurt his feelings Vegas, but I do want to get back to my girl."

All four heads turn sharply to me, cold bottles of beer stilling on their lips.

"Your girl? Fiona's your girl now? That's a new development."

"I-uh..."

Whiskey, who made the comment, lets out a cropped chuckle, the smirk fixed obviously onto his face. Before I get a chance to recover, Poison comes dashing around the corner in the ugliest outfit I've ever seen. The bright orange of his t-shirt blinds my eyes under the black jacket he has tried to style. My eyes roam down to his white pair of pants and messed-up blue sneakers.

"Is this a fucking joke?"

"Reaper!"

"Sorry, Vegas, sorry. I just don't know what to say."

"You like?"

Poison gives us all a little spin, grinning widely at his outfit choice.

"No, I actually hate it. You need to change."

"But-"

"Poison, I like you man, which means I'm gonna tell you the truth. It's terrible."

"I'm trying to make an impression."

"That will but not a good one."

He pouts at me - far less cute than Fiona can do - but I don't flinch. I hear a couple more motorcycles park in the driveway as Alpha hands me a beer. I'm grateful for the sip of the cold liquid, the Texas heat already affecting me at ten in the morning. 

The door flings open, me instinctively reaching for my gun, but it's only a few more riders. Specifically, Bear, Carbon, Slasher, and Tank. While we haven't known each other since childhood, we are all like brothers. It's hard not to become close when we do the shit we do together. The age gaps between us don't matter. 

I remember being a prospect when Tank had become an official member of the club, cut and everything. I was so fucking jealous of him, but he never let on that he knew I was being a jackass cause of my envy. 

He just let me take my anger out on him, so I could focus on other things in my life, like not hurting my family. Then, when I became a member, I don't think there was a person happier in the room than him. Of course, I thanked him, and if he ever needs anything, I'm there.

I'm sure we've all been recruited to help out with the fashion 'emergency'. It's funny what will get us all together to hang out. It's rare that we chill together instead of going riding or beating a guilty motherfucker in the face to get information out of him or something. 

I move towards the couch, giving the other guys more room to stretch out, after greeting them profusely. Poison comes in and out of the hallway, showing off his new outfits which get better every time he changes. I lean towards Carbon, and ask him if there are some prospects around in case Fiona needs anything, and I'm glad he says yes. 

And then he begins teasing me about her. 

I fucking knew that they were all going to hassle me. I'm seriously feeling the love. 

Poison skids his foot against the foot, creating a screeching sound, and thanking us all for turning his attention back to him. For the first time in the last hour - the longest hour in my life - all of us agree on one outfit. Turns out, that it has to be a black and white outfit for us to like it.

Knowing that my job is done, Poison and Vegas finally getting ready to go to the other chapter, I pull out my phone to give Fiona a check-in call. It continues ringing, no one answering the phone, and I begin to panic slightly. 

I clench my fist, ordering myself to calm my emotions, realizing I have to be logical about the situation. I call twice more, but she doesn't pick up the phone. I ask Slasher to join me on the ride back to my apartment, telling him I'm worried about Fiona, and he instantly follows behind me. 

We make sure the ride is quick, and we're off the motorcycles in a heartbeat. I bang open the door to find Fiona covered in either flour or chocolate. I heave a heavy sigh of relief, leaving my palm against the doorway. Slasher chuckles at the mess she made and politely introduces himself to her. She even allows him to taste some of her homemade chocolate cake batter.

That fucking prick. That's my girl. 

"Holy fucks. That's delicious, Fifi."

I guess that caught on with some besides Poison.

"Thank you. Are you alright over there Reaper?"

As I nod my head, I move over to her and sweep her in my arms, tucking my head into her neck. She smells so fucking good. My self-control is limited around her, and gosh, if only I could push her against the wall and fuck her clueless. Oh god, if something happened to her...shit, I can't even imagine.