26th. Lost Friend

Start from the beginning

"Do you feel it?" Yuno spoke breaking the silence.

"Feel what?" Replied (Y/n) dusting off her tattered old pillow and glance at him.

"Like someone is constantly watching us."

"Well now you mention it. I do feel that eerieness in the air."

Yuno looks at her with an irritable expression that says, why you were refusing it before then?? That makes me think if that's only me.

Which in return (Y/n) shrugs and Yuno eyed her with more suspicion but she ignored searching away under the bed and sneezed.

"Bless you."

"Thanks. . . ugh. Too much dust" she kneeled looking around on the floor and under furniture.

"What did you expect? After many years of abandonment, I'm starting to believe this manor is actually a haunted castle now." He remarked flatly and checks the wardrobe and shelves but found nothing related to gem.

(Y/n) pokes her head out from under the bed and pouts boring her gaze at his back and mutters in low volume. "This is my house not a haunted castle. Hmph!"

He didn't heard her and found a clue, "These dresses are. . . must be of a little girl, a young royal member probably." Yuno turns to look at (Y/n) thinking the same thing where Klaus and Mimosa are wandering.

They happened to be at the gallery near a chamber and noticed a fine framed photo of the royal family with other noble guests of Clover kingdom and wizard king himself.

Mimosa stares at the three children in the photo and points out a young girl trying to compare her and Klaus was shocked when he finally recognized. All his doubts came out clear now.

"Wait, no. . . That's actually (Y/n)?!"

"All the clues are directing her so this must be her. The wizard king also mentioned that she'd be the one who might recognized the magic stone we're searching for. . . but the question is, why they kept it for so long??" Mimosa spoke out her mind.

"Indeed, Sir Julius knew her original identity all this time and kept it secret. Even she didn't utter a thing about herself. I had been such a disrespectful mentor to her! Such a shame!" Klaus almost starts crying and Mimosa sighs sweat dropping.

They heard someone behind them and quickly got alerted taking out their grimoires but there was no one when they turned to look.

"This is weird. . ." Mimosa blinks.

"Stay on guard. Something doesn't feel right."

They waits for a moment looking around then Mimosa saw something shining like a gem.

She carefully approached it, "Klaus, I think this might be it. I've found the magic stone. " she turns to look and Klaus wasn't there.

"Huh?? Where did he go? Klaus?" She took a wrong step activating a trap that freeze her leg before she fell into the basement with stingers crawling everywhere.