01-The Funeral

Aurora and Phil were sitting at Home  with their 4 year old daughterWhen a call rang through the house "I'll get it" Phil stood up at got the phone in the other room She could only hear mumbling as she watched through the window as her daughter pl...

Aurora and Phil were sitting at Home with their 4 year old daughter
When a call rang through the house
"I'll get it" Phil stood up at got the phone in the other room She could only hear mumbling as she watched through the window as her daughter played in the back garden. Phil walked back into the room and she turned to him "Who was it?"

"Um, it was Doug"

"What did he want?"

"It was about Alan" Phil paused for a second "his dad died"

———————————————————

Aurora sat next to Phil who was sat next to Doug, Alan was at the front singing 'ave Maria' When Phil whispered "my god, he's got the voice of an angel"

"It's breath-taking" Stu whispers back 

"Really, amazing. Who knew?" Aurora whispered still watching Alan

Alan finished the song and cleared his throat "I can't believe my daddy is dead. I can think of so many people I would rather have died first"

"No, just stop there" Aurora mumbled but he continued 

"Like my mother. As many of You know, my father and I were extra close, he was my life partner"
Aurora and Phil looked at each other questioning his choice of words "He would often tell me almost on a daily basis, that I was his favourite child" Aurora saw Tracy look at her mum giving her a 'is he serious?' Look "I'll always remember the last words he said to me: 'I'm proud of you, Alan, never change'" Stu and Phil looked at each other thinking the same thing 'They weren't' then looked at Aurora who already had that same look on her face and shook her head "Well, I heard you loud and clear, daddy. I will never change" he got closer to the mic "Never, ever"

Then they heard small sobs coming from his mother, not knowing if It was sadness of her husband dying or Alan sadly never changing "Go ahead, chief" Alan said to the priest before walking off but stopped by his fathers picture and took a selfie with it as the priest started to talk

——————————————————

Aurora, Phil, Doug and Stu were walking back to their cars when Phil broke the silence "Wow, rough day"

"Yeah, how's Tracy doing?" Stu asked Doug 

"Not great, her mother's totally on the edge and if all this weren't enough, apparently Alan's been off his mess for almost six months"

"Oh, boy" Stu mumbled 

"Yeah, it's not been pretty. Then there the whole fucking giraffe thing"