"Yeah we all know." I sarcastically reply and Lisa glares at me.

"But since you're here, and settled on my couch, I guess you can stay."

"Like you could even kick me out." She says proudly.

"Yeah, yeah now come eat breakfast." I shake my head.

~

"Are you just going to give up Chipmunk?" Lisa asks me, pausing the movie she chose while waiting for Jisoo to come.

"Give up on what?" I turn my head towards Lisa utterly confused.

"Jennie." She simply states, and I freeze.

"You can't lie to me Roseanne, I've known you almost as long as Jen."

"Because I lost." I simply state.

"Huh? Lost?"

"It was a game...and I always win when it comes to games..but this time I lost. I lost the most important game in my life because I was too much of a coward."

"I'm seriously lost here."

So I tell Lisa about the game I made with Jennie our senior year of high school.

Chaeyoung love isn't a game." Lisa says seriously using my Korean name to show that she isn't joking, "It's not something that can be won and the people you love aren't a trophy." She scolds me.

"I know and that wasn't my intention, but I needed to give her a push to look at me more..to think about me more...to try and push me for answers every time she catches my lingering stare.." I close my eyes, clenching my fists to hold it all in, "I just want her to for once look at me the way I've always looked at her."

"Rosie? It's like early?" Jennie yawns, still trying to wake up.

"You said you wake up at 8 am feeling hateful."

"And? Is that why you're here at 8 am?"

"Mhm. Exactly." I nod my head, letting myself into Jennie's luxurious condo.

"Why?"

"So that hate in the morning turns into..." I pause, trying to think of something, "Ah!" I snap my fingers, "Into ate in the morning!" I chuckle, lifting the plastic bags I brought with me.

"You're a dork, you know that?" She laughs, grabbing an apron and tying it around my waist.

"I've been told that once or twice." I turn around, booping her nose, "But look you're smiling."

"Yeah yeah Park. Just cook me my breakfast please." Jennie looks at me with those feline eyes of hers.

"Yes ma'am." I salute her and she pushes me lightly on the shoulder.

And as we sat in her condo, enjoying the pancakes we made together, did I realize just how much I love her.

I definitely need to win this game.

~ ~

"Jen? You sleeping?" I ask softly, trying not to move since Jennie is currently leaning on my side.

"You must have been tired from today." my eyes linger on Jennie's sleeping form before peeling them and gazing up at the night sky.

"It's been a year since our little game, but either I'm really bad at pursuing you or...nope nope...not even going to think about that." I shake my head to remove those negative thoughts.