jealousy

"HINATA! NISHINOYA! GET BACK HERE!!"

Oh god. As fun as it is, being the manager of such an energetic team has it's disadvantages. Like for example, chasing two idiots who think sneaking into other schools is justified. Not as great as it seems. Especially when you aren't used to exhausting your body and legs this much.

"BUT WE WANNA SEE THOSE JERKOFFS AGAIN!!"

How stupid can they get?! Just because they lost to them, once, doesn't mean they can just barge in mid-practice!

"WHAT?! SNEAKING INTO SEIJOH WHILE PRACTICE IS BEING HELD ISN'T THE BEST TIME!!"

Idiot #1 and Idiot #2 let out giggles. Wow. They think this is funny?! We're trespassing! We could getin serious trouble for this! Oh shit. They're banging on the door. Please don't hear them. Please.

Suddenly, the doors to Seijoh's gym opens, and cringy old pop music blasts out too. Nishinoya and Hinata jump back and hide into the darkness. A spiky-haired male steps out, scanning the area in search for the source that interrupted their practice.

"Who's there?"

It's pitch-black outside. There's no way he can see us, right? Right?

"IT'S SEIJOH'S ACE!!"

Idiot #1 spoke. Damn it. His big fat head's peaking out, and the light from the gym is exposing his face. Can't this human orange keep quiet for at least 10 seconds?

"Hey Oikawa. Look who we have here."

Damn it. I creep closer to the doors, trying my best to keep myself hidden, but far out enough that I can see what's happening inside the gym. The entire team's attention—including the two idiots—was fixated on me. Damn it.

"U-Uhh.. Hey?"

I sound like an idiot. I am one, though. But still. The ace of Seijoh eyes me. In the background, I spot the other members of Seijoh's team, and some girls? Damn, I didn't know they were such players. It seems like they're having a party of some sort. I lean a little more to the right, and to my surprise, I see the captain running around with a pride flag. He's chanting something in gibberish, too.

"IWA-CHAAAANN COME BACKK!!"

Oh my god. What the hell's happening?

The so-called "Iwa-Chan" turns a shade of light pink. I didn't know that such a serious team could be so strange. What appears to be two other players burst out laughing, and roll around on the floor. Seriously. What the hell's happening. Hinata's eyes widen, and light up. He runs in giggling, like an idiot. Same with the other. I can see both of them drinking what I hope is just punch, and stuffing party snacks into their mouths. I finally free myself from my frozen state, and tremble over to the very much flustered "Iwa-Chan" to apologize. It's the only thing to do in this situation, right? I bow slightly, holding myself back from wailing my arms around and apologizing like crazy. He sighs in response to my gesture, and invites me in.

Immediately, the captain of Seijoh sprints over to greet his ace, glancing at me briefly before directing his attention back to his beloved "Iwa-Chan". I feel obligated to stay a little longer, as the girls from earlier eye me. They seem interested. Maybe I should talk to them. I haven't been honest with my sexual orientation lately. I mean, I'm attracted to all genders. It's a curse, and a blessing. But I crave more than a normal relationship. I desire to be loved by multiple people, and I find myself being attracted to several people at once. You could label me as polyamorous. Currently, I don't have a significant other. I fancy the idea of dating that muscular "Iwa-Chan" from before, or maybe one of the girls. I make my way over to the group, all of them squealing excitedly.

They flirt with me, but for some strange reason, I can't take my eyes off of the guy from earlier. I don't find it appropriate for me to refer to him as "Iwa-Chan, so I should probably learn his name. I excuse myself from the group of girls, and slowly enter into the team's conversation. It was pretty boring. The topic was vastly "guy stuff" and of course, volleyball.

Then, one of the team members blurts out, "Who are you and why are you here?"

The look on his face didn't show any signs of regret from his outburst, as everyone's attention drew to me.

"I'm Y/N. Y/N L/N. I'm here because I'm the manager of Karasuno's boys volleyball team. I'm so sorry for the intrusion. It wont happen again."

"It's alright, really. I'm Hajime Iwaizumi. Call me Iwa."

"Yeah it's okay. You gave us quite the show. I'm Takahiro Hanamaki. Maki."

The rest of the team introduced themselves, except the captain. He was scolded and whacked for it by Iwa. From what I heard from the other members, the two had been best friends since childhood, both attending the same schools throughout the years. They were linked mentally, and physically. It was painfully obvious. Oikawa felt threatened by me, and hadn't taken a liking to me like everyone else did. He was jealous.

a/n: ending this chapter here bc i dont want it to be too long 😩