Chapter Seven: Time sure flies by.

• Dedicated to Jack <3

Days, weeks, months passed by.

The snow has just started to melt, although the weather is as cold as ever. It was great spending Jakes first time ever seeing snow with him.

“Nina! SNOW. I’ve only ever seen pictures, never got to see it up close and feel it!” He looked so happy; actually I’ve realized how happy he has been for a while. Every day we spend together he looks happier then the day before.

That’s actually how I spent my entire winter, getting closer to Jake. It was usually four of us, me, Jake, Rave and Jacc. Pretty fun if you ask me.

I remember the big snowball fight we had. Jake, Jacc, Rave, the twins and I split into teams at first, me being on a team with Jacc and Nate. We won, hands down. That’s why I picked them, they both have wicked arms. Don’t get me wrong Jake and Paul are totally buff, but when it comes down to it, the three of us are unstoppable.

Then there was the time Jacc, Rave, Jake and I went to make snowmen and snow angels. Jacc and Jake got so into it, that their snowman was HUGE. I mean it was like 2 times bigger than me. When it was time to add everything to it, like eyes, mouth, arms and stuff like that they wanted me and Rave to do it. Let me tell you, they had the time of their lives watching me try to reach the snowman’s freaking head. I know I’m short and everything, but they kept rubbing it in my face. So, I got my revenge and tackled them both into the snow, face first at that. You should have seen their faces! Jake just looked shocked while Jacc looked like he wanted to bite my head off, so worth it, just to be able to see that was PRICELESS.

I still find it amazing how fast time went by. Over those 6 months, the strong friendship I gained from the boy I just met. To think, sophomore year is almost over.

Jake and I have had our moments too. We always go home together after school and we spend every Saturday together. Not only that, but we’ve also started a sleep over thing, which switches every week. I kept my promise, I really did. I told myself that this time I was getting what I wanted and I’ve already started.

So here we are, sitting on my bed room floor on another Saturday night digging into the pizza I just took out of the oven.

“OH BURNS BUT SO GOOD.” Jake yells. He isn’t even chewing his pizza. Well, we did have track practice for like 6 hours. He bribed me into joining track with him, told me that if I did it he would be my personal driver since we just got our permits. As I pass him a napkin, I think back to that time and how I haven’t even taken him up on the offer yet.

“Jake. You haven’t even driven me anywhere yet. Did you realize that?” I ask, not expecting him to answer.  I stand up and walk over to my desk to get grab our drinks. When I turn back to him, I see him slowly eating his pizza, deep in thought. I wave my hand in front of his face and say, “Jakey-poo. I have you drinky winky.” I catch his attention with that and he lightly shoves me, annoyed with my baby talk. “Oh well I’m sorry Jakey-poo that I’m boring you and that you feel the need to drift off to lala-land.”

“Nina, you know that isn’t it. I just have stuff on my mind.” He says quietly. I know I shouldn’t pry, but I feel the need to if he’s acting this way.

“Jake, what’s wrong? You were perfectly fine this morning. What happened?” I asked, actually very curious now.

“It’s… Nina, I need advice.” He says, blushing a little bit. Wait, what?

“Advice? On what? Of course I’ll help you Jake. What the hell do you think I am an orange?” I say jokingly. He laughs a little and looks into my eyes.

“Alright, well, there’s this girl. I think I might like her, but I don’t know really. She’s cool and stuff, but I don’t know if she likes me back. I sound like a freaking baby, but what do I do?” He asks, looking down at the floor. He likes someone? Wait, is it me?

 I move so I’m sitting right next to him. “Jake, tell her. Ask her to hang out. Do something. You never know, maybe she does like you. I mean why they hell wouldn’t she, you’re amazing. If she doesn’t figure that out then she must be an idiot.” I say without looking at him. I can’t believe I’m doing this. I’m giving him girl advice when it’s crystal clear that I like him. But I have a strong feeling that I’m not the girl he’s talking about.

I get up from where we are sitting and walk out of my room, heading towards the backyard, cell phone in hand. I’ve got one thing on my mind, Raven. When I hear his foot steps behind me, I mentally curse to myself.

“Where are you going?” I hear him ask, trying to catch up with me.

“Outside, coming?” I ask. I honestly wish I could be alone, but at the same time I still want him to be here. When he throws his arms around me and hugs me, I stand there a little shocked and confused. What the hell? “Jake, what are you doing?”

“Nothing, I just thought I would hug you. You’ve been such an amazing friend. You welcomed me here with open arms and I honestly have no idea what it would be like if I didn’t have you. So thank you.” And he hugs me even tighter.

Message from Melanie:

Hello everyone, I'm sorry I haven't posted for about two months now. Writers block is terrible. I know this isn't very long but it's something right? I'm finally getting somewhere in the story and I hope to be writing more because I'm excited to get to some exciting part. Hahaa. But thanks for sticking around and not yelling at me.

Sorry if there are some spelling and grammar mistakes. I just finished typing this and wanted to upload it.