ch. 14

before you knew it, training camp was over, it was back to school and practice again

math class was ending soon, then you'd go home. maybe meet with the twins and, possibly him. you were tired and ready to leave, until you noticed a sleeping body in the desk beside you. one that didn't want to wake up.

(suna's dreamland<3)

to him you were a glowing rose, in a pitch black room.

"again?" suna sighed ready to relive the dream he had on constant occasions.

you were like art. unique, and just far enough out of reach to be admired from afar.

you were a dream. not just to him, but to everyone else as well.

suna admired art, but not in the way he admired you.

and every time he would end up in this darkly lit room, he felt like everything was far into the distance, like it was just out of his grasp. he could see the beauty of the scenery from afar, but there was no way for him to get any closer, or the scenery would move away.

"It's you again" the boy said sitting on the ground with his head lying on his fist.

"I've really missed you." he said quietly trying to converse with the flower before him

this dream ended up the same, every time. it was so familiar to the point where he felt like the spectator. like he wasn't the one in the dream, but the one watching it all play out from afar.

"You're perfect." he smiled softly

softly brushing his finger tips against the pretty flower, it's color smudged once again, leaving him with feelings of  disappointment

"why do you have to go so soon, have I done something wrong?" he mumbled tiredly

then the flower would leave, taking the light along with it.

he was left in the dark, both mentally and physically

"suna?" you called not hearing an answer, he heard you but your voice was too far.

"Y/n? i'm sorry but i can't see you." the boy thought as he lied on the ground unready to move.

the voice of the once speaking girl grew faint to his ears, and his hands began to numb. "don't leave."

all the sudden he was in a room full of people, it was from his first day at his new school in the 7th grade.

the day he met you, it was soundless. but he could see the happy expressions being exchanged between him and you.

but the colors around him were slowly wearing out, everything was much more dull. and he started to get an uneasy feeling.

there was nothing but black and white, and this never happened before.

but a boy appeared behind him, it seemed to be a younger version of him at the exact age when he met her.

"rintaro." the younger boy stated

"you're disappointed in me?" suna questioned

"i'm beyond that. but what's sickening is that she still loves you, she doesn't care about how much of a sickening person you really are. or what you've done, to her you were the one who took something that was once beautiful, and ruined it."
he only frowned knowing his younger self was right.

"i'm fixing it, and while it's true that I did this to her. she's grown so much, even better than when we first met. and she's still never treated me less than i was. not even once, even after everything I've done." he paused ready to continue.

"she's strong, independent, and everything anyone would want in a girl. no, a woman, and I refuse to lose her again. It's her, it'll always be her. and hey, she'll always be beautiful" he told his younger self, and with that he disappeared.

though it was as if a barrier had been broken, rintaro suna was no longer in the dark anymore.

"rin." your familiar voice spoke awaking him from his slumber

blinking a couple of times giving his eyes time to adjust to the light he smiled wholeheartedly seeing the girl in front of him.

"what's with the smile? did you have a good dream" you said confusedly

"It was weirdly good in a way." he laughed back

"anyways let's go, we should do something." the boy spoke again.

"actually I can't.." you frowned

"what why notttt." he whined disappointedly

"I promised to get boba with Oikawa and Iwa!" you smiled apologetically making the boys eyes widen.

and with that you guys parted ways as he left with the twins.

edited-2/12/22