Pt.18

*Author's Note*-So I was stupid and ended up posting the last part a second time. I don't remember posting it the first time but ok. Anyways this is an actual new chapter and this one is long. Enjoy!

*****

That night I stuff my bed and use my powers to disarm JARVIS temporarily until I can get out of the compound. I look up at myself in the mirror of my ensuite bathroom one last time, accepting that I may never be here again.

Sighing I exit my room and quietly make my way down the hallway and exit out the back door.

"Nessa?" I pause as I hear Nat's voice behind me. I defensively turn around and see her looking at me from the deck.

"Nat, what are you doing up?" I ask anxiously.

"I could ask you the same thing." Nat retorts, walking onto the lawn towards me. Natasha has a knowing look on her face as she approaches me. Shit.

"Nat...please don't make me do this..." I say, ready to fight.

"I can't let you leave Vanessa..." she responds. Even in the dark I can see the slight glimmer of her knives at her side as her hands slowly reach for them.

"Please, Nat. I don't want to hurt you..." I warn again, getting ready to defend myself.

"You think I want to do this? I'm trying to save your ass." Right as she finishes speaking she grabs the blades from both her sides and lunges at me. I use my powers to stop her arm mid-air and send her flying backward. She hits the ground and I stand over her.

"I'm sorry," I say before knocking her out cold. I sigh and continue out of the compound and follow the voice in my head as it leads me down streets and through alleys.

Eventually, I come to a stop at an old, seemingly abandoned warehouse.

"I'm here! Unarmed and unaccompanied!" I shout to the building where the HYDRA agents are no doubt listening to me, guns pointed.

A moment after my announcement a dozen HYDRA agents come out of the warehouse, guns pointed at me. Rumlow is following them holding a gun and taser, like the rest of them, along with cuffs (no doubt for me)

"Hands in the air!" orders Rumlow as the agents surround me. I do as told and Rumlow comes up behind me, aggressively attaching the cuffs to my wrists. I can feel my powers being suppressed as they slowly become unreachable. The agents escort me into the warehouse and lock the door behind us.

"Where is he," I ask.

"Alive." Rumlow provides, unhelpfully. I look at him sharply.

"We made a deal. I come willingly and you let him go,'''' I suggest you keep your end of the bargain if you value your lives." I pause, staring through Rumlow's soul, making sure he knows I'm not kidding. "I need to see him first, to make sure he's alive."

"Fine," Rumlow says, gesturing to a couple of guards to grab me. They lead me down a hallway and stop at a heavy-looking door.

"I want to talk to him," I say, "Alone." Rumlow converses with the agents next to us before turning back to me.

"Fine. You have three minutes, '' he says. I sigh in relief as an agent opens the large door and closes it behind me. When I look around the room I'm taken aback by the state. Blood is stained in places, scratches and marks adorn the walls. In the back center of the room is a large, heavy-duty chair, attached to the cement wall behind it. Inside the chair is Steve, arms and legs restrained to the chair, bloody, bruised, and barely conscious. I rush to him.

"Steve!" I whisper yell, gently shaking him into the present. His head lazily turns to look at me.

"Nessa?" Steve asks, his voice gruff. I smile, forcing back my tears from seeing him in such a state.