Luck of the Draw - Quackity

[6/2/21]

requested by @Myaccpassword

I had to watch so many YouTube tutorials about how to play poker for this one lmao

now I guess I'm good at poker tho

Here's some info that you can either read or skip:

Winning Poker Hands (From lowest to highest)
1. High Card (One Ace)
2. One Pair (Two Cards with the Same Number)
3. Two Pairs of Cards (Two Parts of Cards with the Same Number)
4. Three of a Kind (Three Cards with the Same Number)
5. Straight (Five Cards in Sequential Order)
6. Flush (Five Cards of the Same Suit in any Order)
7. Full House (A Pair and a Three of a Kind)
8. Four of a Kind (Four Cards with the Same Number)
9. Straight Flush (Five Cards in Sequential Order of the Same Suit)
10. Royal Flush (Five Cards of any Suit Containing a 10, Jack, Queen, King, and Ace in Sequential Order)

Poker Terms:
1. The Pot: The sum of money that players bet during a single hand. The total amount of earnings in the pot goes to the player with the strongest hand at the end of the game
2. Folding: Players can choose to fold their hand, which will end their turn until the round is over. This occurs if they are dealt weak cards and feel that they cannot compete with others
3. Raising: Raising occurs when a player wants to increase a bet placed by a previous player
4. All-In: In which you bet all of your chips on a single play
5. Tell: A players tell is a physical reaction that might give away how strong or weak their hand is
a. Hence the term "poker face". If you have a good poker face, then people can't tell that you're lying

-

Y/n stares down the man across the table from her. There's a calm smile resting on her face as she leans forwards in her chair, propping her elbows on the table to hold her head up.

Their stare-down continues until the dealer sets down the fifth and final card into the community deck. The main opposite of her grins a little before pushing his remaining chips to the dealer.

"Raise 400,"

"Oo, confident are we?" Y/n laughs softly. He doesn't reply, but her opponent is obviously confident nonetheless. "I'll call then,"

The dealer nods and takes their chips. Once he has them gathered, the man flips his own two cards over, revealing a 6 and 8 of diamonds to match the 7 and 9 in the community deck.

"Flush," He declares.

Y/n smirks before revealing her own cards, which are a 9 of diamonds and a Jack of spades, which compliment the other two Jacks already the table. "Full house,"

Her opponent falls pale as the people around them begin to clap for Y/n's win, which she happily adds to her streak. All night, no one had been able to beat her in the game of luck. She had already collected a large amount of winnings to add to her chip pile.

After a few rounds of poker, Y/n had noticed a man watching her from one of the balconies overlooking the floor of the casino. He wears a slightly-wrinkled white shirt that has the sleeves rolled up to his elbows. His pants are brown, and so are the suspenders to match. An odd touch to the outfit is a blue beanie on to of his head. Even from afar, she can see the long scar running down from his forehead to just below his eye.

She had shot him a few glances throughout the night, slightly wary, but he had only watched her with amused interest as she took out player after player in her matches.

She looks to the balcony now that her game has once again finished and sees him still there, leaning over the edge with a smile as lax as hers. Y/n shoots him a small wink before turning back to the people around her.