23. The Truth About the Aroki Clan

It's now been a week since (y/n) found the two children from the Aroki Clan and she's been coming in and out of the Butterfly Estate every time she comes home from a mission.

She has been waiting for Archie to return from his mission to ask him if he knew about this.

(Y/n) was on her way back from a short mission she had. She was on her way to the Butterfly Estate to see if the two children have woken up. But first she wanted to see if her brother was at his home.

"Miko..." (y/n) called out. "Please go look for Archie and if you see him, tell him to come right away to the Butterfly Mansion."

"CAW as you wish, (y/n)-sama." Miko quickly flew away and went to deliver the message to Archie.

Meanwhile, (y/n) has made it into the Butterfly Estate. She walks into the room to see Shinobu and the little boy, who happened to be awakened.

"How long has he been awake for?" (Y/n) asked.

"For about 3 hours now. Aoi-chan came and informed me. The girl hasn't woken up, yet. As she did take more injuries than him." Shinobu mentioned. (Y/n) walked up to the little boy, whom looked confused and sad.

"What's your name?" She asked, softly. Seeing the worried look on the boys face.

"My name is, Aroki Saki." The boy who is named, Saki, spoke.

"How old are you, Saki-kun?" (Y/n) asked, with a short smile. "I'm six.. where is my mommy?" Saki began to ask, tears slowly falling down his brown eyes.

(Y/n) and Shinobu both looked at each other. Not knowing how to tell the little boy that his parents were killed by a demon, as well as his entire clan and village.

"Your mommy is in a good place now. She is looking down on you with a smile on her face, because you saved your little sister." (Y/n) spoke, her smile growing a little wider.

"Rio is still sleeping?" Saki asked, looking up. "She is still super tired, it's best we should let her get as much rest as she can. How old is Aroki Rio-chan, Aroki-kun?" Shinobu asked. (Y/n) mentally cringed as she heard the last name.

It's not that she dislikes it, it's just new to her.

"Shes— t-three..." Saki stuttered. Wiping the tears from his face. (Y/n) couldn't believe this. She felt horrible for these children.

"Oi." A voice suddenly spoke. The two girls turned around to see Archie. He was leaning on the doorway with his arms crossed, having a confused look on his face.

"You asked me to meet you here? How... come?" Archie asked, one brow up, as he slowly walks in the room to inspect it.

"These kids.. they're Aroki's..." (y/n) spoke. Archie immediately stopped his looking and faced (y/n).

"Please, if you may.. talk outside? I will be giving Aroki-kun his medicine." Shinobu spoke, so you and Archie can talk without having Saki overhearing the conversation.

Archie followed behind (y/n) and shut the door slowly.

"What do you mean, 'Aroki'?" Archie asked, which meant he probably didn't know himself about the village or the clan.

"I had to go to a mission. It was near Mount. Ibuki. I encountered the demon about to kill these children, before I killed it. I went inside their house to find their mother and father dead. Though, there was a different scent. It wasn't the demon I had just killed. I followed it and it lead me into an abandoned home. But before I even did that I checked every home. I saw dead bodies everywhere. Zero heartbeats..."