chapter two: james fucking potter

chapter two   james fucking potter

THE AUTUMN SUN SHINES DOWN ON CATE'S BACK AS TRIES TO FINISH HER POTIONS ESSAY. At lunch, it was decided that the group would all go down to the black lake and try to finish their homework together. Cate thought that the word try would mean that they actually put some effort into getting their work done. Apparently it doesn't. Cordelia and Marlo stopped working once Cate let it slip that James Potter was tutoring her ( I mean is it really that big of a deal! ). They may as well have just thrown their books in the lake because that would be as necessary as this conversation.

"James fucking Potter is tutoring you Cate? Well, I'll be damned Marlo, our girl's got game!"

"Yeah, I really thought I'd never see this day come."

"Oh come on, just ugh fuck off please! He's not tutoring me," Cate says the way Cordelia does when she's talking to someone at a party ( aka seductively ), "he's tutoring me. There's a difference."

"Cordelia, do you see a difference?" Marlo says, tapping his chin in fake confusion.

"No Marlo, I must be blind because I cannot see a difference."

"Alright, guys just lay off, ok?"

Mumbles of hmmmm fine ( cue eyeroll ) and sure could be heard.

"Look, put it this way," Cate's hands gestures are all over the place now - that's how you know that things are serious. "The difference between tutoring and tutoring, is honestly the person. If you had Slughorn or, I don't know, Snape tutoring you it would just be tutoring, however if it's John Lennon tutoring you or something, then it would be tutoring."

At these words, Cordelia and Marlo just make eye contact and shake their heads.

"Right, Cate, look. Cordelia and I agree with you. But in this situation, James Potter is John Lennon!"

"No, he's not!

"Yes, he is!"

"No!"

"Yes!"

"No!"

"Yes!"

"No! James Potter is not John Lennon!"

"Why would I not be John Lennon, Caty?"

Cate whips around to find the Potter in question standing there in his full glory. Jet black hair tousled as he runs his hands through it again ( how arrogant! ), hazel eyes glimmering in the sunlight, and to top it all off, he had a smirk painted across his face. Cocky bastard.

"Well... I just don't think you have the, um, potential to be John Lennon."

James smiles mischievously and it seems to sparkle in the sunlight like a movie character. Unexpectedly, he then plops himself down right next to Cate.

"Well... I think that I do have the potential! And it seems to be the majority that thinks so Caty."

Cate's gaze quickly leaves James' face ( She wasn't staring ok! ), and finds Cordelia and Marlo's. Guessing by their bright smiles, you'd think that this is the best thing that's happened to them since they've stepped foot in Hogwarts! However this means that she has once again been worn down by James Potter. How did Lily deal with this for so long?! What a bummer! Reluctant to let Potter know that he's won, Cate huffs and returns to her work, which only seems to make Potter's smile bigger.

"Hmmm it seems that you agree, do you not?" Cate's face flushes and Marlo bursts out in raucous laughter, and soon Cordelia joins in with her giggles. Soon enough, a deep laughter joins the mix and while Cate would deny it if anyone asked her, her cheeks flush a deeper pink, because, Helga Hufflepuff, that's a nice laugh.

Every time someone laughing tries to stop, they can't hold it in, and Cate's just sitting there surrounded by a pile of laughing messes. If anyone were to see the group, they would think that they had all had met up behind the greenhouses beforehand. I mean they are with a Hufflepuff.

Suddenly, Cate hears a person running from behind her.

"James! My one and only! My honey boo boo bear! Where have you been?" Sirius Black. Never one without the other. They might as well just move in together at this point, to stop them from getting separated!

Between laughs Cate can make out what James says, "I- am- John- Lennon."

"Course you are mate. Who else would you be?" Sirius shakes his head and pulls James up off the ground, "We have to go," he points a finger at Cate, "You give him anything Morgan? No. Alrighty then see you guys around!"

Walking away with Sirius, James turns to Cate and yells out, "Library, Monday, 6:00. Don't be late!"

Cate looks at Cordelia and Marlo, groaning. Before she can say something to stop them, Cordelia opens her mouth.

"Just tutoring, huh?"

NOTE!

here's the second chapter 😋 ngl i feel like i'm really bad at dialogue so just let me know what you think of it. also i hope people caught my reference 😈😈

i love writing cordelia and marlo omfg it's so much fun, because they all like at each other. i also realised the other day that when people comment ill reply with ikr like i didn't write them kgojrphdjrn