Defeated, Jeremy rolled his eyes and went to the kitchen to say goodbye to Loretta. As much as I hated being in the same area as Jere I followed him because I knew this would be the last we would ever see of her.

   Loretta has been living with us ever since we moved into this house. Its always just been my Mom, Dad, Jeremy, and I, but I assume my Mom needed an extra hand around the place since it was so big. Loretta helped with cleaning, cooking, and just everyday things, so I'm not really sure what to call her. The help? More like family I would say. While we stayed here is was Loretta who comforted me when I had a bad day, or was sad. Sure I could go to my mom, but she's easily stressed. Plus Loretta has more experience with that kind of stuff.

   I walked into the kitchen to find Jeremy sitting on the counter and Loretta a couple feet away cleaning out the fridge. Loretta turned towards me when I walked in. Tears filled in my eyes once I realized, just like everywhere we go, I must leave everything behind. This time including Loretta.

   Loretta was around her late sixties with tons of kids all over the states. I think she was originally from Italy or someplace like that, because she would sometimes talk to me in Italian. I looked at Loretta's short poodle like brown hair and dark brown eyes. She became like a second Mother to me since my real Mom wasn’t so great at being one. I would like to think with eleven kids Loretta would be a decent mother. I mean you can't mess up that many times…

   Once Loretta turned away from the soon to be rotten food, and saw I was on the brink of crying she closed the fridge, and came over to hug me. She embraced me, rubbing small circles on my back.

"La mia bambina, I'm sure I’ll see you again." She said a hint of guilt in her voice.

"You know that's a lie."

And that would be the last thing I ever say to her.

    Not wanting to make the situation more dramatic, I squeezed Loretta one last time and walked out the front door, taking one last intake of breath and holding it in for a moment trying to remember the smell. The smell reminds me of surprise, warmth, and happiness. Probably because those were the emotions I first felt when I waked into this house.

   My mother was waiting in the taxi that would take us to where ever we were going next. She rolled down the passenger seat window, her face shone of discontent.

"Come on were going to miss our flight Darcy. Go on and tell your brother to hurry up."

   Not protesting I turned back to get Jeremy, but luckily he was already on his way out. I dragged my feet trying to savor every last moment of being at this house. Sliding into the leather seats I buckled in, pulling down my dress getting comfortable.

   Jere slid in the seat after me a little more obnoxiously then he needed to. I took out my IPhone, and went to my favorite playlist while putting my headphones in. Whenever I do this Jeremy says I'm going into goth mode, because whenever I listen to music I look at the window expressionlessly. I don’t know how this is goth...like I said he really is an idiot. I just like to pretend when I listen to music that my life is some sort of movie. That my life is better then it really is. On second thought that actually did sound kind of goth…

   I closed my eyes and thought about everything I knew about where I was going. I didn’t have to learn a new language recently, that means it is somewhere where English is spoken…or any other place where the main language is one of the six languages I know. We have to take a plane to where we are going, so it definitely isn’t near by. None of that narrows it down.

I checked the time on my phone before I knew I would drift off to sleep. 10:32 AM. Our flight is at 12:45 PM, with our luck we will miss our flight. That wouldn’t be the worst thing.

                                                                                ~

    When I woke up we were still in the taxi so not much time could have passed by. I checked my phone again. 12:13 AM, I have a feeling that we are a little late to the airport. I lifted my head, and looked around. We were getting of an exit, and my mom was typing furiously on her phone. Jeremy was looking out the window, twiddling his thumbs and taping his foot. He really can’t stay still for a second. I watched the highway zoom past us. As a pass time I started to count the cars. One, two, three…

  By the time we pulled into the airport parking lot I had counted 85 cars. The taxi guy pulled up to the curb, letting us out at the door. I slid out of the seat after Jeremy. My back was aching to be stretched.

"Hurry there is no time to waste." Mom said.

   Jeremy turned around to me mimicking her. I guess theres no time to stretch, or wake up even. Mom scrabbled to the back of the taxi to get our luggage. She is in one of those moods where I do not want to get in her way. 

   Mom practically threw our suitcases at us, and started rushing into the airport. My mom hurried at such a fast pace, the whole airport was practically a blur. My mind was just elsewhere, thinking about where we will be going to live. A few times I got too lost in a daydream, and got parted from Mom. I always found them again. Jeremy and I just tried to keep up with Mom as best as we could.

   The workers allowed us to cut part of the security line since we were late for our plane. It was nice of them, even though we got a lot of dirty looks from people who have been waiting in line for a long time. I tried to give a sincere ooh of apology to every dirty look thrown my way, but the people weren’t buying it. I always felt guilty for cutting.

   We twisted and turned trying to get around things and people. I bumped into the occasional little kid.

   Our seats were conveniently in first class so we just put our suitcases up and sat down. I got the window seat, Mom in the middle, and Jeremy in the aisle seat. I wiggled in my seat trying to get comfy, which was hard considering I would be sitting up straight for god only knows how long.

   Almost five minutes after we sat, the plane was taking off. I put my head phones back in blocking out all sounds. I heard the voice on the speaker but I couldn’t hear what it was saying. When it was silent again Jere poked me from around my mom and mouthed something. I squinted my eyes at him, then turned back to look out the window. I closed my eyes. I knew that Jere now knew where our flight would be taking us, but I didn’t want to know yet. Instead I looked out the window watching all the cars, roads, houses, and people minimize from view. I watched longingly at the houses and neighborhoods below. Someday I'll live in neighborhood when people wouldn’t know a world without seeing me everyday. A place where they can say my family has lived in that house for all their lives.

Someday I won’t have to move like this.

Someday I'll live in one place. I'll make friends, and do all the things teenage girls are supposed to do.

Someday my life will be just the way I want it.

This is the first chapter, of my first story on Wattpad. Thanks so much if your reading this, it means so much. Sorry for any spelling errors, I check it the best I can. If you see any errors please don’t be afraid to tell me :) Thanks again for reading, Please Vote and comment :D

   -Jess