Chapter- 15 Broken truths

"Cherish those who seek the truth but beware of those who find it."
Voltaire

₰ Sara₰

"Moon," he looked at me with panic. I hope, at least now he will give me the truth I deserve.

"You guys talk it out and trust me, Willey, there's more to this story than the shit you've assumed." With that Noah left upstairs leaving me and Li alone.

I patiently waited for him to tell me the truth but all he did was think of another lie to keep me away from the truth.

"This Alpha thing, don't think too much about it. Some," he ran his fingers through his hair, "Some business term," he stuttered not looking at my eyes.

At least he is not lying straight on my face. Anger bubbled through me at his words. Why is he keep lying to me?

That's how least he trusts me?

"Until when are you planning to keep me in the dark?" Li froze at my words.

Not having the energy for another lie, I went and sat on the sofa, giving him all the time to finally tell me the truth.

"Moon," Li came and sat near me, his voice all soft. "What do you mean," he looked at me with worry.

He is still trying to keep me away from the truth.

It's fine, calm down Sara, he'll tell you.

"You being a werewolf and everything," I whimpered at the loss of words. I don't even know enough about them to even form a single sentence. "Why Li?" this time my tears fell freely through me.

It hurts when the only person who you considered your best friend and the closest thing to a brother lies to you and keeps on lying to you.

"Moon," he let out a nervous breath, "I am sorry about whatever I said earlier, I don't mean those words," he clenched his eyes at regret.

But his words hurt, it made me feel so cheap. And I hate myself for letting his words affect me.

"And why didn't you call me Moon?" he started again, I know what he is trying to do. He is changing the topic so I would forget about my previous question. Pain bubbled through me at his terrible attempts to keep me away from the truth.

"Call? Are you kidding me?" this time I was the one who snapped at him. "You don't even know how desperate I was when I called you. I was so scared that you were the only person that came to my mind." I clenched my fists at those memories.

Never in my life, I imagine I would be in such a position.

"But I didn't get any calls," he shook his head.

"Are you kidding me?" I stood up unable to control my outburst. "I left you voice calls, pleading and begging you to pick my calls. Never in my life, I've been so scared. But what do you do? You let a female pick your phone and shut me out like I don't even matter."

He opened his mouth to speak but closed it when he couldn't find any response.

"I pleaded with her to give the call to you. But she cut my call not even bothering to listen to my pleas. While I was begging her, she cut the call breaking all the little hope I had."

"Moon," he started but I cut him off.

"The worst thing is except me, everyone knows about my identity, everyone knows what's happening around me and why those people were trying to kidnap me," I chuckled as memories of the last two days rushed through my mind.