Chapter Twelve - Fourth Year

Start from the beginning

I just roll my eyes and walk to the common room. When I finally get there breakfast ends in about 25 minutes and it takes ten to walk back there. I doubt she is gonna get to eat if I just now wake her up. I walk towards the girls dorm planning on just knocking loudly to wake her up. I lift my hand to knock when the door opens and Chase almost runs into me. She trips and starts to fall but I am able to catch her and help her stand. She looks up at me and smiles.

"You look amazing!" I say without thinking. I blush immediately after.

She smiles widely "Thanks, I decided it was time to start putting myself back together." She tells me.

"Do you want to head to breakfast?" I ask her.

"Yeah that's where I was going in the first place" she replies airily.

We start walking to breakfast and I am happier than I have been in awhile. Chases mood has effected all of us but I have felt so empty without her cute laugh in classes and her sarcastic attitude. I look at her as we walk happy to see her in such a good mood. She looks absolutely beautiful and kinda hot. She is always beautiful but her attitude is just making at all so much better.

She was walking a bit ahead of me but she slows down till she is walking right beside me. "I was thinking and I don't think I ever loved him. I really don't even think I liked him. I just liked the idea of having a boyfriend." She says looking down then continues. "The stuff he said still hurt though. I have heard it all my life from my stepdad and I kind of just convinced myself that he was the only person that thought that. When Nathan said pretty much the same thing I questioned that and I though maybe it was all true. In reality though Nathan barely knew me. He just knew part of what I have been through and used it to get to me. I'm still not over it really but I'm done letting him make me feel like I'm nothing and I'm going to show him what he lost."

I smile happy that she has finally found a little peace with this and maybe she can move on soon. 

I reach over and give her a side hug. "I'm happy you are doing better now." I tell her smiling.

We are finally at the Great Hall so I move forward and open the door for her letting her walk in first. We walk over to the Gryffindor table and Chase walks over to talk with the girls and I sit with the guys where I was sitting before I left.

James stares at me oddly. "What did you do to make her do......that. She seems happier."

Sirius nods "Did you like kill Nathan or something......."

James then sits up with his eyes wide. "He didn't apologize to her did he? Are they getting back together?!"

I shake my head "No no no, I didn't do anything and they aren't getting back together. She just realized that she never really liked him she just liked the idea of having a boyfriend. She is still upset over what he said but I think she is getting over it." I tell them.

"That's great!" Peter says happily and we all nod in agreement. Shortly after Chase comes and sits down beside me and loads her plate with food. We all look at her shocked because this is the most she has ate all week. We all quickly look away when she starts to look up. She rolls her eyes at us then continues eating.

(Chases POV)
The day goes by pretty fast. I treat the day like I would a normal day before the break up. Before I know it's time for the quittich game. I know Nathan with be there and hopefully the rest of his dorm mates. I briskly walk across the castle making my way to the Ravenclaw common room. I arrive there fairly quickly and I attempt to sneak into the common room but there is one person in there and they catch me.

"Hello, may I ask what you are doing?" A soft voice asks. I turn to face the voice and a girl who is in probably her 5th year is standing by the couch. She has round green eyes and long platinum blonde hair.