"was such a bad idea,"

Start from the beginning

"Thank you Miss Thompson." Mcgonagall thanked but she could recognise the sarcasm in her voice which made her snicker. "I hope you like it." The Ravenclaw added before she headed to the Gryffindor table and sat next to Lily who was still eating.

"I'm stuffed." Marlene sighed as she leaned back and put her hands on her stomach which made Dorcas laugh. Ophelia then picked up a Yorkshire pudding from the red head's plate, dipping it into the gravy on the plate before throwing it into her mouth. "Hey!" She exclaimed.

"Oh sorry." Ophelia apologised before taking out the half chewed Yorkshire pudding and held it out for the girl to take but she hit in away with a face of disgust. She shrugged before putting it back into her mouth which is when she realised James was watching her with a face of concerned which made her wink at him and him roll his eyes.

~☕︎︎~

Afterwards, the girls left for the Gryffindor common room. When they walked through the portrait of the Fat Lady, the Marauders were sat on the couch with bottles in their hands already. "Drinking! Without me!" Marlene exclaimed before running to jump into the seat beside Sirius.

Lily then headed over at sat on the arm of the armchair Remus was sat in whilst Ophelia was forced next to James. Without saying anything, she took the bottle from his hands and took a sip which made him gasp. "You did not just do that!" He exclaimed.

"Oh, I did." She replied with a smirk as she handed it back, watching as he wiped the top. "Come on, we've kissed. I think you can deal with drinking from the same bottle as me." Ophelia whispered into his ear which made him roll his eyes.

"Well, did you get me anything since you're my boyfriend?" She asked the messy haired boy who scoffed before saying, "I actually did." He then got up and headed to his dorm.

Soon enough, he care back down with a tube wrapped in brown paper which he handed to her. "Here." She said as she grabbed a box from behind her back. "How many presents are your carrying around?" He asked with wide eyes which made her roll her eyes before the two ripped the wrapping paper off.

James rolled his eyes at his present which was a tub of hair gel. "Hopefully you'll finally sort out that bird mess on the top of your head." She said with a smirk. She then held up her gift which was a candle up.

"I asked Lily and she said you liked candles." James said as she spun the glass candle around. "Aw, you got me an actual present." She said before smelling it. "There's Amortentia in it so you can always smell me." He said with a wink which made her roll her eyes before smelling it again.

Luckily, the candle covered the slight smile she wore in her face and rosey cheeks. "But hey, you're dating me and that's the best gift." She said with a shrug and smirk which made him roll his eyes. "You wish,love." He whispered in her ear, leaning over so no one else heard him.

~☕︎︎~

Later that night, when everyone else had gone to bed, Ophelia sat in the Gryffindor common room. Most head gone to bed to get enough sleep for leaving to go back home tomorrow.

However, Ophelia was staying at Hogwarts for Christmas so she didn't need to pack, a cup of tea in her hands which she blew on lightly so ripples formed at the top.

Suddenly, she jumped when their was a loud bang, making the hot tea spill onto her leg. She jumped up, biting her lip in pain at the boiling drink she just spilt herself on.

She then looked up in the direction of the sound to see that James had stepped out his dorm with his luggage which undid and fell onto the floor. "Thanks for that." She hissed sarcastically. "I now have 3rd degree burns on my legs." She added.

"Sorry. Didn't mean to scare you." He began as he bent down to pick up some of the shorts which were on the floor. "Maybe you shouldn't jump so easily." He added with a mutter but the silent common room meant she did hear him. "Maybe you should learn how to close a suitcase properly." She replied which made them both roll their eyes.

"Well now you owe me a hot chocolate." Ophelia announced, looking down at her trousers which had a large patch of brown tea on. "Oh, that's how it works." James replied with a slight chuckle and raised eyebrows, shaking his head at the nodding girl.

"Fine." He said as he travelled down the stairs with the locked suitcase and threw it onto the couch. The Ravenclaw girl then jumped up with excitement which made the boy chuckle and shake his head as they walked out the common room.

Ophelia sat on a stack of chairs as James approached her with two cups of hot chocolate, one of his arms held out for her to take the mug. She went to take it but looked in and gasped which made him jump.

"What?" He asked with wide eyes. "There's no marshmallows!" She exclaimed, her hands on her cheeks which made the Gryffindor roll his eyes. "I'm glad I'm not actually dating you." He muttered as he walked away before coming back a few minutes later with marshmallows floating on the top of the steaming drink.

Ophelia nodded in satisfaction as she blew gently on the drink and took a sip before spitting it out as it burnt her mouth. "What the fuck!" James shouted when she spat the hot chocolate onto his shirt. "What? It's hot."

"Kinda like me." James replied with a wink. He then sits down in the chair beside her and takes a sip of the drink. "Ha! You wish." She laugh ironically.

"Then you can't have a biscuit." He replied with a shrug as he pulled a custard creme from his pocket and held it away from the girl who gasps before leaning over to grab it. "No, you said I wasn't hot." He said with a smirk.

As she leaned more and more forward to reached the biscuit, their faces got closer until they were inches apart and they could feel each others warm breaths. Their eyes then met and a glint of mischief flashed in her brown eyes.

She then pressed her lips against his, their eyes closed as they turned their heads opposite ways so their faces fit together comfortably. James's empty hand traveled up to his jaw which is rested on, his index finger tickling beside her ear slightly.

Slowly, she pulled away, both their eyes closed for a few moments after. But when James' hazel eyes opened, he saw the smirking girl who had carefully took the biscuit out his hand and was taking a bite of it. "You sneaky-"

"No insulting your girlfriend Bambi." Ophelia said as she tapped on the end of his nose which made him huff and slump in the chair.