𝟚𝟡 - 𝕁𝕦𝕤𝕥 𝔸𝕟𝕠𝕥𝕙𝕖𝕣 𝔻𝕒𝕪

Start from the beginning

"That's really kind of you James." Lily smiled brightly over to the boy. "I think she'd like that more than any gift."

"Sorted, we will see her later then." James energy grew in response to the compliment from Lily, but for once he pushed down the urge to respond.

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

Minnie appeared at lunch time with a platter of food floating behind her

Minnie appeared at lunch time with a platter of food floating behind her. Ophelia noticed a crestfallen look appear slightly on the lady's face, disappointment still flowing from her. That energy from Minnie, hit Ophelia like a bus and any sign of her previous happiness caused by the girls visit earlier, was now gone. Instead, the headache caused from the fall had returned in full force and her heart began to beat faster.

"I brought you -" Minerva began to speak, unaware of how she felt was being noticed by someone else.

"You're still mad." Ophelia tried to manoeuvre herself upwards on the bed, but it felt like a ton of bricks held her down.

"Pardon?" Minerva had settled the platter of food on a window ledge, turning around shocked by the statement.

"You're upset with me, I can tell. Your top lip goes slightly over your bottom."

"I am n-"

"Please do not lie to me. I have absolutely zero energy to even attempt to be understanding." Ophelia kept a hand on her forehead, trying to push past the unusual anger inside of her.

Minerva had an inkling as to what could be happening right now, she had noticed it before at the children's hospital over Christmas too. But even so, it was just an incline and she would need someone with more expertise to help her decide if her thoughts were correct.

"Ophelia I am not-"

"Oh my god, stop!" Ophelia's voice raised in frustration.

"Ophelia! I do not care if I am your guardian, I will give you a detention if you continue to speak to me in such a tone." Minerva, however, did not need to raise her voice. Instead she lowered it and her Scottish accent thickened with authority. It seemed to do the trick, Ophelia's previous look of despair turned to a look of nonchalance. Like a switch had been turned off, allowing her thoughts to regather.

"I'm so sorry Minnie, I don't know what came over me. I think it's just today or maybe it's the room I don't know." Ophelia sighed, her head still throbbing slightly.

"You're having a stressful day dear. Is your head hurting?" Minnie's voice had softened to its usual tone.

"Yes."