Chapter 14 - "Stay With Me"

Start from the beginning

- Are you okay, Kate? Would you like to rest for a minute?

My mother asks me, but I turn towards her and shake my head. There’s no way I’m gonna sit down until I know that Blake’s safe.

- Firstly, I feel like half of my soul is being ripped away from me, and secondly, I don’t want to rest until we find him.

My mother simply nods understandingly as we start making our way towards the clearing. There’s nothing there though. I take a deep breath as I look up at my mother and notice her tense look. She can feel the loss of my father strong here and so do I. I was the one that found him after all, I would never in a million years forget. I give her a hug after a while and she just holds me. Being here isn’t easy for any of us.

- He’s resting in peace above us, Kate. He’s watching over us like a guardian angel. Let’s make sure we don’t give him too much to worry about, okay?

I nod into her chest before we look around in the nearby areas. Just a few meters further in beyond the clearing, I find something I haven’t spotted before. Someone’s buried here. There’s no name or tombstone but I recognize the scenery. When I get back to what my intention here really is, I find myself hanging on to the hope that he’s just sleeping in the cave, but a part of me knows way better than that.

Kate! I suddenly hear inside my head and I jolt up on my feet. It feels as though he was right here. He’s nearby, he’s nearby! My wolf presses on as she can’t seem to overstate it enough.

- Blake?!

I let out as my mother walks through the bushes and finds me, looking at my questioningly.

- I swear I thought I heard him…he’s somewhere close, I know he is.

I answer. Blake, I’m right here. Where are you? Please tell me you’re okay! I say through the mind-link but I don’t get any response. It worries me a great deal because of how weak his voice sounded earlier, as if it was fading away.

- Kate, Luna, by the pond!

The minute I hear Gray’s voice like that, I turn into my wolf and follow his voice. Gray has found him I’m sure. My mother follows right behind me when we make it to the pond and turn back to our human-forms. I see Gray sitting next to somebody when I run around the pond towards him.

- Gray?

- Over here.

He responds as I catch up to him and immediately recognize the man he’s sitting next to. Oh my God…Blake! He’s been shredded to pieces…close to it. I can’t seem to…I can’t gather my thoughts. I fall down to my knees right next to him and place my hand on his cheek. He’s so cold! When I finally look at him, he’s covered in more wounds over his entire upper body. There are scratch-marks everywhere and when I get to his already, injured hand it’s just…it’s crippled. However, it takes Gray’s mention before I notice what may have ki…I can’t say it, not yet.

- He’s been stabbed by something. I could barely make out a heartbeat when I found him. I’m trying to mix some herbs to close most of the superficial wounds. Hopefully that’ll get his heartbeat up, but we need to get him back to the house immediately. He needs some serious medical help.

Gray lets out as my mother gets down next to me. My focus however is purely on Blake. I’m right here, Blake. I’m with you so don’t you dare die on me! I plead and shout at the same time. I still don’t get a response and that’s definitely not helping me at the moment.