"Yeah. Do you want me to turn the leds off?" you whispered back.

"No. I like them but make them dimmer."

"Okay sure." You reached over to your nightstand and grabbed the remote and turned the brightness down as low as it would go so that the room was a very dim red.

"Is that good?" you asked, putting the remote back and settling back into your pillow.

Eren let out a breathy "Yeah" which you could feel on the back of your neck. The feeling made you subconsciously bite the inside of your lip lightly for a second.

"Do you want me to keep the music on?" you asked, turning your head back slightly so that you could see him out of the corner of your eye.

"Yeah. I like it." he said as he settled in a little more.

"Okay. Night." You said while closing your eyes.

"Night." he whispered back.

The lighting, the faint music in the otherwise quiet room, the feeling of him against your back, his arm on your side- it was all a little bit more intimate than usual which was a little surprising. You didn't think much of it since you and him were only friends, but it did however make your stomach feel a little bit excited just because you liked intimacy. Even if it was only your friend.

After a few minutes had passed, you felt Eren move a little bit and then you heard him whisper something.

"I still can't sleep. I don't know why."

"I can't either. Maybe it's the music or something?" you whispered back.

"I don't think I can sleep when it's like this."

"Like what?" you ask, your back still flat against his abdomen.

"You know what I mean."

"What? The music and the lights got you feeling some way? The position?" you joke at him.

"Yeah." he said in a more serious way than you expected since you were only joking.

"What?" you quietly ask after a slight pause.

"I'm just messing. But this is kinda hot." he joked back.

"Shut up." you laughed. Your face felt a little hot after what he said and your heart was beating a little bit fast because that was a little unexpected of him. But he always did things you unexpected so it was nothing new.

After a few seconds you heard him speak again.

"Shit you were right. The fucking music and the damn lights are making me feel like this isn't us just being friends and it's making me feel weird." he smirked behind you as he squeezed his eyes closed as he talked.

"I can turn it off if you're feeling weird. Dumbass." you said as you sat up to turn the music off.

You felt his hand grab your shoulder lightly to stop you from turning off the music. "Stop. I didn't say it was bad. Dumbass." Eren had propped himself up with his arm and grabbed onto you softly.

You turned over on your other side to face him and held yourself up with your elbow. You stared at him for a few seconds with your eyes narrowing, him staring back.

"What are you getting at-" you began before he lightly put his thumb on your chin and his index finger under it and pulled your lips to softly meet his.

After a second you both pulled away. "Night." he lightly said and fully laid down. He closed his eyes and started to go to sleep like nothing had just happened, leaving you half-sitting up blankly looking down at him.

"...night." you quietly said back and laid down the way you were when you originally tried to go to sleep together- your back touching his abdomen. He nonchalantly put his leg back in between yours and draped his arm over your side again.

For a few minutes, you kept your eyes wide open and stared across the room, trying to process what just happened. Sure, the lights and music and sleeping together in general were a little bit more than what normal friends would do, but you and Eren were always fine doing things that normal friends wouldn't. But he had never kissed you or been so touchy before. You were wondering if maybe he was just horny and wanted contact. You decided that was probably the case and just went to sleep with a slight grin at the thought of how stupid it was. Nevertheless, you were still a little bit confused but your plan was to just ignore it.